Greetings All

Started by JackAttack, October 10, 2014, 03:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackAttack

Greetings from South Florida!

I found this site after attempting to repair several of my old reels.  The info on this site made it reasonably easy and I wanted to say thanks.  My friends have now started asking me to work on their reels.  I figured it was time to join because I am sure to have some questions.

Doug

Bryan Young

What's up Doug. Welcome. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DaBigOno

Aloha!  Welcome Doug

Post some pics of your reels...

Wealth of knowledge on these boards
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 10, 2014, 03:52:54 PM
What's up Doug. Welcome. 

As you may have questions, I hope you'd share some of your tricks with us as we here are always willing to learn something new.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Welcome aboard, Doug --

You are at the right place.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

and so it begins anew!  friends will start leaving grocery bags with reels on your doorstep, with a note that says "thanks, buddy!  i'll pick these up on thursday!"  sometimes there's a $20 bill, sometimes there's a 6-pack.  usually there's nothing but a bunch of old beat up reels and that hand written note.  let us know how this works out.  and welcome!!!!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

More than once, a wife shows up on my doorstep holding a coffee can with a half assembled reel inside -- and a lot of loose parts.

Sez she -- "my husband wants to know if you would put this back together for him and service it out".

"He didn't have the time to finish it...also, he might have lost a spring or something?".

Of course he is too embarrassed to bring it by himself -- so I just get it all back in top shape, replace any parts he lost, and never say another word to anyone -- just business as usual.  And one guy covering for another guy -- so as not to make him feel any worse in front of his wife.

All part of the skill set -- and you will learn to understand/deal with people.

Lots of fun!

Good luck,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

You are a true Saint Fred! ;) That is some funny stuff right there, because I know you are telling the Truth! :D
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

handi2

Well said Fred..!! That's how it all starts...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D