Main Menu

New Guy

Started by CaptainRMF, October 05, 2014, 12:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRMF

Hi guys, my name is Richy, just joined. Been reading this site for a couple of weeks and had to join. Info on this site is fantastic and should be a lot of help to me. Just cleaned out mine and my dad's boat yard locker and found a bucket of his all reels. He's a saver!!! here's a list of what I found. 1#140 Squidder, 1#500 Jigmaster, 2#155's, 1#200 Surfmaster, 1#149 DeepSea, 3#49 DeepSea's, 1#49 MasterMariner, 1#349 MasterMariner Black, 1#349 MasterMariner Red, 1#4/0 Senator Special and 1#6/0 Senator Black. Gonna restore as many as I can and this site will be a lot of help. I have done 4/0's and 349's before but it's been awhile. Thanks ahead of time for the help I know I'm gonna need.
Richy aka CaptainRMF

otownjoe

Welcome looks like you have a nice start already

Aiala

Hi, Captain R! 

That's quite an impressive collection... bravo for restoring/upgrading those great Penn classics.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

cwillis85

Welcome, and good find, many highly talked about reels in that list.
Chris

harryk3616

welcome, nice to have you aboard.  a reel nice collection you have there  , fix them up nicely and use them with the best of health.

Shark Hunter

Welcome aboard Ritchy! ;D
Are you a friend of Mike Solomon?
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Capt. R

Where are you located???

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Welcome New Guy.  You've been holding out on us.  Nice collection.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Welcome Captain, you're at the right place.
Enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MFB

G'day Richy,

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

foakes

Attention on deck! ... Piping aboard a new officer --

Welcome, Cap'n --

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

DaBigOno

Aloha!   

Nice reels...
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CaptainRMF

Thanks for the welcome guys. Been gone all day , had to pull my dad's boat out of the water today. He's 86 and has a '73 Luhrs 25'. He's the one taught me all about fishing. He still fishes everyday he can but slowin down a lot. All those reels are his and I'm just gonna keep them fishin if I can. I think I take after him, I like old stuff that ain't broke don't fix it. I have a '76 SeaBird 23' Cuddy for the last 20 yrs. It works for me so don't need nothing else. Love the reels as that's all I've ever used. Penn 4/0's and 349M's with wire line for Blues and Striped Bass. Fishin in Raritan Bay New Jersey since I was 6 yrs. old and would'nt trade it for the world. Thanks again for the welcome.
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Penn Chronology

Hello Capt,

From one New Guy to another New Guy, I think we made the right choice of joining. This is a very friendly place.

You have some great Penn reels there, looks like some go back into the 1940's. Can beat Penn as a product, those reels you have can be made to last another generation, then be handed down again.

Tight Lines