850ss spool shaft

Started by Topshot, November 05, 2014, 03:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

Would someone be able to measure the od of the the spool shaft for me. I kind of destroyed the brass part of mine while working on my project. This is the part I need measured.
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

handi2

As soon as I get into the shop I'll measure one and post back.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Topshot

Quote from: handi2 on November 05, 2014, 04:09:10 PM
As soon as I get into the shop I'll measure one and post back.
Awesome thanks buddy
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

Chris,
It is 13/32" on the round part and 11/32" on the flats. You actually caught me at home and not at work.
They have one on fleabay for $16.99. Free shipping.
Life is Good!

Topshot

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 05, 2014, 06:21:30 PM
Chris,
It is 13/32" on the round part and 11/32" on the flats. You actually caught me at home and not at work.
They have one on fleabay for $16.99. Free shipping.
Gracia brother man. I'm working on making a custom part for the spool shaft for the bearing I put in the spool. It has a 1/2 id so I'm going to order up some 1/2 od stainless rod and file the flat parts in. Now I just have to find keyed washers that will work. I'm thinking the ones from a penn 320 gti will work as they have just slightly bigger the .50 I'd
Michael Baughman