Help in identifying older ABU 7000

Started by oldcatcher, June 22, 2016, 05:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcatcher

I bought a used Ambassadeur 7000 a few years ago but never used it.
Bought some Smoothdrag washers and Cal's grease to give it a touch-up  before planning on using it this year.
Upon reassembly the thumb bar takes a couple cranks of the handle to reset or doesn't reset at all.

I'd like to properly ID the reel so I can get parts if needed.
It's marked Ambassadeur 7000 made in Sweden on left sideplate, reel footplate says 800901.

I've gone to the abu website and searched for 800901 where it asks you model or footplate number and it comes up with "not found"
I also checked a couple links to decoding the the foot plate number but left more confused than when I started.

It's possible the reel thumb bar was doing this before but never noticed it and since then has been on the shelf.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Dave Martin

nelz

A 7000 would not nave a thumb bar. I'm guessing you meant freespool button? Anyway, the mechanism may be gummed up and just need cleaning, that's all. As for parts, 7000 parts are pretty universal among the variations.

oldcatcher

Thx for quick reply, freespool button is most likely correct term, haha
With the numerous 7000 models out there am trying to nail the exact schematic/parts list.

fishhawk

Hey Dave, when you do your search for schematics just type in model#, (7000 or 7000c) not foot number. Then look for approximate year. Black 7000c's are upper 70-80's, red ones are older. As Nels said more than likely just gummed up from old grease.