Newell G-220 Handle Swap

Started by russ1962, October 11, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ1962

Will I be able to swap out a graphite G-220 handle with an aluminum P-20 handle without any issues?

bluefish69

Yes Russ without any trouble. You might have to turn the "E" Clip on the Sleeve to remove it easier or remove the screw on top. Just wobble the handle a little & lift.

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

russ1962

russ1962

No problems at all, Mike.
I put it on my noisy G-220. Now I need to go fishing before the local yellowtail bite cools off.  :)

bluefish69

Russ

I'm easy-you made my day

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

you might actually need an extra washer.  there is one that goes directly under the handle.  for the p-series arms, you need a matching washer above, then the plastic washer and then the handle nut.  those washers are hard to find.  i'm all out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

russ1962

Alan, I installed it without the top washer. All I had from the G series handle was just the red plastic washer.

alantani

if you have enough clearance, then you're good to go.  sometimes the handle binds. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Keta has the pattern for making more of the 3-16 washer if anyone needs them. If one is needed on the nut side of a metal handle to keep the nut off of the gear sleeve then all you need is a SS washer and a dremel to make your own 3-16 in an emergency and can't wait to get some made.

Keta

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 19, 2014, 11:52:16 AM
Keta has the pattern for making more of the 3-16 washer if anyone needs them. If one is needed on the nut side of a metal handle to keep the nut off of the gear sleeve then all you need is a SS washer and a dremel to make your own 3-16 in an emergency and can't wait to get some made.

I have a bunch of 3-16 and 3-18 washers in stock as well as AR dogs.  The cutter has been swamped for months and my work is all back burner jobs for them, a "rush job" for some R&D Pro Gear drag washers took 2 weeks to get cut.  It's better for the cutter to do the $10,000 jobs before the $100 ones and 2 of his big customers like do dump "rush orders" on him at the last minute, the power house I can see, the strawberry farm not so much.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain