[Need help] accurate bx600nn spool stuck

Started by Eldops, October 10, 2014, 04:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldops

I have accurate bx600nn when i want to remove the spool, it stuck, i've following tutorial on utube, remove the E clip and hit it gently, but still not working, i've tried pull the spool as hard as i can but still not working.
anyone can help me or anyone with same problem can give me solution, thx, and sorry for my bad english

Bryan Young

I often have to place a metal rod on the spool shaft, hold the sideplate and give the metal rod a good whack, and the spool shaft pops out of the side plate.  Note that I'm hitting the spool shaft from the outside in the center of the cam bearing.  Make sure that the metal rod is centered and in contact with the spool shaft.

This may be a good indication that the pressure plate bearing is rusted to the spool shaft.

I hope this helps.
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Eldops

I've tried hit the shaft harder, but still not working, my question is, is that save to hit the shaft as hard as i can to make the spool pops out? Or there is another way? Thx

foakes

It is likely a rust issue between the shaft and plate bearing.

However, be careful getting too aggressive with the force and hitting -- or your day may be spoiled.

And although you may yet need to order parts from Accurate -- with patience, all may be saved, cleaned up, and work as good as new.  The materials these reels are made of are of high quality -- and if not tweaked, will clean up well.

Good luck & let us know how it turns out,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

i commonly have to use a small punch and a small hammer.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I do not hit the shaft.  I use a solid SS rod, similar to the punches that Alan identified.  I place SS rod on the spool shaft, and impact the SS rod.  That way the rod gets the impact and the rod transfers the force to the spool shaft almost as if it's one piece.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Eldops

Thx guys its work, i hit it harder, but when the spool pops out, no rust at all

JGB

The Eclip may have pushed a ridge on the shaft (happens a lot when very high drags are used). If so you will want to clean up the shaft where the Eclip slot is - Use a small file . this will make it a lot easier to reassemble the cam bearing on the shaft.

Jim N.

Bryan Young

Good call Jim. 

Look, Jim's back.  Long time no see.