This weekend...

Started by Aiala, October 21, 2014, 11:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

+ 1 on what Alan said.....take lots of pictures...If you can. I know how it goes during the thick of things. The camera operating hands are busy with the fishing business. ;D

Tight lines and best fishes,
Steve

Dominick

If anyone is interested in how Aiala is doing check out this link.  She is bouncing around but catching fish.  Dominick

http://www.royalstarsportfishing.com/reports.php
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Well, I made it back in one piece!  :D  A little the worse for wear, though... Sunday started out okay, with a great yellowtail bite, but then gradually turned downright brutal,with high squirrely seas and 25-knot winds making the fishing pretty energy-draining, at least for an older gal like me. At one point I was on the starboard rail when we took a steep roll and I found myself in green water up to my thighs... yuck! As if that wasn't enough, I hooked my biggest yellowtail of the trip and a sea dog swam up and stole it... Son of a b**ch!!  >:(

Fortunately the ocean settled down overnight and by Monday we had a large swell but no whitecaps and little wind. We spent the morning looking for kelps with no luck, then another boat called us in to a school of mahi-mahi and we got into a full-on dodo frenzy... epic! I limited out quickly, as did everyone else, and so the trip concluded on the highest possible note. Here's one of my fish:

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

You are one tough chick! I was reading the reports on the link that Dominick posted. Glad to see you hung in there and made the best of it. 
Enjoy the mahi and yellowtail... I smell the fish tacos from here.
Welcome back safely,
Dom

Newell Nut

Glad you survived the rough weather and ended up with some meat to take home.

Alto Mare

I'm glad you're back safe Aiala, sorry about that yellowtail, I probably would have shot him ;D.
That is one nice picture, I believe even good enough for photo of the month.
Nice to have you back.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Sounds like a good trip, Aiala --

When you get a chance, tell us about the boat, the Skipper and crew, the food, the gear you were using -- all the details.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

BMITCH

Nice fish Aiala. Always nice to put meat on the deck. Great pic. Thanks for posting.
luck is the residue of design.

wallacewt

good stuff
give us a run-down on your gear,etc;
when you are free pls;

Tiddlerbasher

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Steve-O

NICE!  +1 on what Dom said ...mahi tacos....yum yum!

Dominick

I agree with Sal. Photo of the month.  I love it.  Leave to a woman to wear jewelry a watch and hold a fish for the cameraman.  You're the best Aiala.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Dominick on October 29, 2014, 04:31:41 PM
Leave to a woman to wear jewelry a watch and hold a fish for the cameraman.  You're the best Aiala.  Dominick

I noticed that and thought something similar.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain