Newell S332-5 to S322-5 Conversion

Started by Great Bass 2, October 25, 2014, 10:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

It turned out nice now catch a bunch of fish and enjoy it.

russ1962

Quote from: gallegn on February 06, 2015, 07:21:42 AM
Here is the finished item... can't wait to try it out in Punta Colnett this weekend

Beautiful reel!
I've been debating on putting a Tiburon frame on my P322.
After seeing yours I'm leaning a bit closer to getting her done.  LOL

Tunacious

Go ahead Russ...you know you want to. ;D

A blue 322 Tib frame would be nice on your red 332 to narrow it. With the white lettering on the red plates you'd have a red, white and blue reel! 8)

russ1962

HaHa...I did after posting that last night   ;D

Got the frame for my P322, and also a Tib handle  :)
I don't know why I bought the upgrades cause it's already too pretty to fish as it is!  LOL

Newell Nut

Pretty tools catch fish. For valentine my wife wants a green frame for her 332 to match the green Alps seat and green wraps plus a shark tooth inlay on the rod with a heart shaped abalone on each side of the shark tooth.

russ1962

That there sounds like a work of Art!  ;D

Sulla

Quote from: gallegn on February 06, 2015, 07:21:42 AM
Here is the finished item... can't wait to try it out in Punta Colnett this weekend

So, how did the reel perform?

russ1962

The Tib frame I received is one of the ones with mis-aligned holes that are just a tad bit off from the cage ring holes...grrrrrr
It's the first one I've ever received that didn't fit perfectly right out of the box.

gallegn

The reel handled well at Punta Colnett.  There were a few kinks with the reel mount since the screws go all the way through the Tib frame.  I tightened the screws too much while mounting the reel so they in turn were rubbing on the spool.  I got it fixed, and did battle with one big yellow for 5 mins.  I got tangled an then sawed off, but the reel is a beast. I have no fear going against anything that wants to bite the jig

gallegn

I can't wait for the next chance to try it out in early March.

BonitaBch

Quote from: Great Bass 2 on October 25, 2014, 10:38:24 PM
Tiburon
P21-Black Frame   $64.95
N322S-Black Spool   $64.95
TB2345 T-Bar Lite Handle   $39.95
Anybody know if the Tib spool for a Penn 506HS will fit the Newell 322?
Bonita Beach, FL

Newell Nut

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 20, 2015, 10:41:00 PM
No will not fit.

I take it that means a 332 spool wont fit the 505 either then. Im trying to make a "99" 505

Newell Nut

The issue is shaft length if my memory is correct. Bought two 332 spools from a guy a while back and found that one was for a Newell and one was for a Penn. They look the same until you slide the side plates on. Someone else may know a way to make it work with the right tools. That was just my experience. Ask Gregg Chow chowderpuff7@yahoo and he can tell you more accurately than I.

bluefish69

You can always check with Randy @ Vintage Tackle for "99" spools. I bought some from him a few months back.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.