Stripers are here

Started by CaptainRMF, October 25, 2014, 10:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudsy

Birds and fish busting off the beach in southern Monmouth county - but way out of reach for us surf guys  :(

Capt Ahab

Nice job - was out on the Clam Beds last Friday  - trolled some up on shad rigs

Nice fish you got there 

broadway

RMF,
   Were you out today? I think I took a photo of your boat when I boarded the Seastreak back to NYC.  I took my boat in for the winter today, and boy was that hard to do.  The bass were chasing the bunker for my ENTIRE trip and I had to pass them by.  I guarantee that next year will be a different story because I'm not putting her away until Thanksgiving next year unless we get too cold of an early winter.
I was missed the 250PM boat out of Conner's Landing (Highlands) by 1 minute, so I waited an hour until the 345PM.  I thought I saw you at 250 and 345... was that you? If not, someone stole your boat. ;)
I couldn't read the name on the boat, but it was a darn close match to yours except the bimini looks lighter in the photos?
Hope you had a good day out there, it was flawless :(
Stay well and tight lines... we'll hook up in the spring for a meet and greet on the water or maybe Bahr's Landing ;)
Dom

CaptainRMF

Hey Dom. I was out yesterday but not that far. Stayed right in the bay btwn Buglight 20 and bouy 14 on the green side. Wish I had you guys with me cause I had to throw one 37" and two 36" back fishing by myself. Did keep the 38" 22lb. one. It was a beautiful day on the water, warm and flat as a lake. Herds of Bunker so thick you could walk on them. Two friends were supposed to come but went to work instead. Dumb !!!! Oh well, gotta go work down the shore today and tomorrow but back on the water Fri. Later Guys.                       Richy
Richy aka CaptainRMF

CaptainRMF

Nice going mrbklyn. Looks like a great day fishing. Likewise the bunker, they are all over the bay, thick as a brick. I'm surprised though, with all that bait around, they are still hitting everything we put in the water. Making for a very good Fall run. I got 3 more weeks to go, hope it lasts.
Richy aka CaptainRMF

BMITCH

Yeah..the fall run is DEFINITLEY on!!! Buddy of mine got a 53# on Friday mourning  ;D
luck is the residue of design.

broadway

You guys can thank me for all the big bass being caught... they knew I put my boat away so it's safe to come out. ;D
Keep catching 'em crew!
Dom

CaptainRMF

Quote from: broadway on November 02, 2014, 01:53:18 AM
You guys can thank me for all the big bass being caught... they knew I put my boat away so it's safe to come out. ;D
Keep catching 'em crew!
Dom
Dom, theses are for you. Sorry. One 43" 25lbs. one 36" 22lbs..
Richy aka CaptainRMF

broadway

Eels? Which tide are they hitting on best? I was offered to mate on my buddy charter next week and I might just have to take him up on it to get out there.
I hate fishing with charter people... they usually "think" they know how to fish, and then I'm untangling a mess for them. >:(
I'll keep ya posted.
Nice catch, Capt!
Dom

bluefish69

Dom

You should try working deck on an Open Boat. I did it for almost 10 years on L.I.   I can only do it now for 1-2 days I have had it after that. I also have done the Charter thing on L.I. & thought it was easier because everyone know each other & the crew eat good too. I did Charter with up to 25 people Blue Fishing. 6 Pack should be a breeze.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

broadway

MrBrklyn, I'm sure you know how to fish, but it's good to let the mates help you if you're willing to learn and listen.  That's how I learned.
Mike,  I've done a few 6 pack charters, but never had any good food nor anyone willing to pay attention and learn.  Maybe I'll get lucky some day ;)
PS- I'll pass on the open boat mating... 6 people are enough.
Stay well,
Dom

bluefish69

I worked 1 trip we had 4 Mates & 100 Passengers.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

CaptainRMF

Quote from: broadway on November 02, 2014, 01:53:18 AM
Keep catching 'em crew!
Dom
Hey broadway, I just want to thank you again for putting your boat up early. Got 3 more yesterday by 11:00 AM. This one's 41" 28lbs. Will be back out again this morning about 9AM. Fish are still boiling in Raritan Bay.       Richy
Richy aka CaptainRMF

broadway

Your very welcome... This won't happen again next year because in staying in until December. This year I had a previous obligation so I couldn't keep Her in any longer... Darn priorities!
Keep em coming,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on November 09, 2014, 03:19:31 PM
Your very welcome... This won't happen again next year because in staying in until December. This year I had a previous obligation so I couldn't keep Her in any longer... Darn priorities!
Keep em coming,
Dom

Dom, like the man said "it is time to reevaluate your priorities."  Nuff said...  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.