The List!

Started by alantani, November 06, 2014, 01:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

thanks!  yeah, i'm trying to keep the costs down for him. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Aiala

I'm all set at the Vagabond, too.

I'm being driven down rather than bring my car, so I'm hoping that on Monday morning one of you kind gents with extra space on his truck can help me transfer my gear from the hotel to the SOA.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

stoked4fishin

ok, all set at the vagabond!  checking in on sat the 13th out on mon the 15th.  checking back in on the fri 19th and out on sat the 20th.  i'll follow-up with joey.  what time do we get back to the dock on fri?

alantani

we are back at 5am on saturday, the 20th.......

stoked4fishin

oops!  need to change my reservation ;D

stoked4fishin

alantani

Quote from: Aiala on April 09, 2015, 02:53:22 AM

I'm being driven down rather than bring my car, so I'm hoping that on Monday morning one of you kind gents with extra space on his truck can help me transfer my gear from the hotel to the SOA.  :)

~A~

remind at dinner on sunday night.  i'm sure it will not be a problem!

SoCalAngler

Quote from: alantani on April 09, 2015, 01:38:40 AM
Quote from: SoCalAngler on April 09, 2015, 01:14:39 AM
25 years strait and I never paid a fuel surcharge on the SOA.

From Mikes (SOA) website.
"There will be NO fuel surcharge unless the cost of fuel is more than $4.25 per gallon."

we can still squeeze in two more!

I would have gone but I have a tourney June 25-27 in Loreto and I fly down on the 22nd. Could not squeeze both in, you see work really wants me there in order to give me a pay check.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: alantani on April 09, 2015, 03:11:11 AM
we are back at 5am on saturday, the 20th.......

If I remember right sport boats could not enter the harbor until 7am (Homeland Security) But that was seveal years ago things may have changed.

Wally15

I don't mind sharing my room with someone. Don't worry about splitting the cost. I'm only staying one night (14th). I fly into SAN about 3PM on the 14th, fly out at 12:30 PM on the 20th. One stipulation - no snoring. I shared a room with a guy last month in Tampa at a 101st reunion. Great guy, but the loudest snorer you can imagine. Kept me up all night. The 12 pack of beer he had consumed didn't help. I think his wife has solid grounds for a divorce.
Does the Vagabond have a shuttle bus from the airport, or should I just catch a taxi?
I'll be crappie fishing on Lake Eufaula until Monday. I'll check back in when I get back.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

we'll see about finding someone to pick you up on sunday.  the drop off at the airport on saturday will be harder because everyone will be fully packed with gear. 

Bill Karr

Alan,
I'm happy to help pick up, share a room or a ride. Only issue is I'm leaving the Bay area on Sat, stopping somewhere overnight and getting through LA on Sunday before the beach crowd hits the freeway. Since I haven't done this before, I want time to get to San Diego, find where I'm going, and hit the tackle shops. Sounds like I'm the logical for Sun PM airport pickup. Anyone from the Bay area south is welcome to ride if they don't mind my overnight. Also, I booked a double room so it's available as well.
Bill

alantani

Quote from: Aiala on April 09, 2015, 02:53:22 AM

~A~

from the vagabond it's only 25 yards to the top of the dock, the another 25 yards from the top of the dock to the boat.  we'll grab carts and get everything loaded up for you. 

Aiala

Quote from: alantani on April 09, 2015, 07:16:11 PM
From the Vagabond it's only 25 yards to the top of the dock, then another 25 yards from the top of the dock to the boat. We'll grab carts and get everything loaded up for you. 

Thanks, Alan, that will work out great. I know that H & M is right there, but didn't know whether they allow their carts to be taken to the hotel. Usually I leave out of Fisherman's Landing, which is all the way at the other end.  :)

Waiting is getting harder by the day...!  ::)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sundaytrucka

I understand the process of fuel surcharge, was just warned to have cash on hand in the possible case, some people had that happen on other local and LR boats. I am still a rookie in this long range game and want to be prepared.

I am driving down early Monday morning, arriving 5-6 am day of.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.