JVariance frames...Speaking of 113H's....

Started by Phinaddict, October 02, 2010, 03:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i'd hate to think that we need to start offering a 12 step detox program......   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

suitekids

Yep, 1 day at a time, till the next hobby comes along

Makule

Quote from: alantani on May 20, 2012, 07:42:29 PM
i'd hate to think that we need to start offering a 12 step detox program......   ;D

See no need to start a detox program when it's not an addiction.  It's a way of life!
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Taily

Anyone got any idea if JV is still in business? I dunno if his website is geofenced from us but it is not on line from down here in the antipodies... and from what I can see not trading on ebay any more. Was looking for a standard width gold 113H for a personal build if anyone is in the know?

Regards,

Dave.
Nunc est bibendum....

Tightlines667

Good information.  Sometime Pics would be great Alan.  I have an accurate narrow frame and am looking for a set of purple side plates to compliment the 114h frame.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tiddlerbasher

He doesn't appear to be trading online any more :( Domain name is up for sale.
If someone, who lives nearby, could check out his place?

Alto Mare

I wonder if he had issues with the material he used or the anodizing, I did see a few used ones on line in pretty rough shape :-\. Personally, I wasn't crazy about the right side bearing, I tried to remove it with everything I had and couldn't do it, the plate wasn't used yet. I actually sent it to Reel Speed and ask Aaron if he could do it for me, he was able to do it, but he said never again.

tightlines, some here have said in the past that purple is for ladies, I don't remember who. Purple looks the best on my black stock plates, definitely one of my favorite colors ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

I have one 113h with a Jvariance narrow frame. No JV side plates. The frame is nice. I only wish it was topless. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 01, 2014, 02:29:14 PM
tightlines, some here have said in the past that purple is for ladies, I don't remember who. Purple looks the best on my black stock plates, definitely one of my favorite colors ;).

Sal purple is for royalty.  That's why you like it.  :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Taily

Nunc est bibendum....

spottybastard

Is Jvariance still in business?  I looked at his website and its up for lease and he doesn't have anything on his eBay site either.

broadway

Purple Sal, really?! I'm only a fan of the colors that Penn originally used on their reels prior to those eclectic mint green, pink,etc. monofils.  ... I go red, black, and silver only.
I got crap for using nail polish to protect a part from corroding, so I ain't letting you get away with a purple reel ;D
By the way, wanna join me for a purple polish manicure? :-*
Whatever floats our boats, right?
Dom

Alto Mare

;D ;D
Ah, now I remember, it was you that hated purple. If you get any by mistake, send them over bud ;) ;D.
Are you keeping up with those parking lots up there?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Yea! Mani pedi for the boys with purple nail polish.   :-* :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.