Everol Waterproof 4/0 Blue Plate

Started by secretck, August 10, 2017, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secretck

G,Day everyone,

New to this outstanding site and have an early question. I have an old everol 4/0 with a blue plate and labelled waterproof drag. i am familiar with servicing an older black plate everol 2 1/2/0 .
I want to increase the drag by installing some more springs but am not sure how to remove the washer that covers the springs, it is encased by a yellow plastic sleeve. Looks as though I might be able to prise the washer out but am worried about deforming the plastic, or do I some how remove the plastic sleeeve? At this stage I have not forced anything or deformed anything. Curious if anyone knows how it is done and will most probably be embarrassed when I find out a simple solution?

Many t
Thanks
Mick

foakes

You can check with Daron -- Shark Hunter on our site.

He has a few Everols -- and also knows the owners of the company back in Italy.

Someone will have solutions.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Robert Janssen

I should think you just squeeze and prise, like the old Internationals. With the caveat, that old plastic can become brittle with age.

Shark Hunter

The bigger reels have a wire retaining ring. I'm not familiar with the vintage 4/0 breakdown. Sorry.
Life is Good!