850SS FINALLY ARRIVED

Started by basto, November 14, 2014, 04:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Quote from: mhc on December 18, 2014, 11:51:19 AM
They look good for their age Basto, the spools don't look like they have seen much work. I notice you have the handles on the right hand side (like I do) - I'm not sure why a lot of people seem to to use left hand side handles on spinners and right hand side for conventional reels.
Yes, funny that. I don`t see many people in Australia useing the handle on the left side. Anyway is good. Whatever blows your hair back!
On one of the spools I got with the 850 the red printing was faded right out. Red is a fast fading colour, so that spool spent a long time in the sun.The other spool was new.
cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

basto

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 18, 2014, 04:43:03 AM
They look great Basto! I still fish those today, there is always one or two on my boat. If you decide to fish them, try the latest drag upgrade that Wallace showed us, the reel feels amazingly smooth. Just add a Delrin under the spool and one on top, as I'm showing on one of my few posts ;D.
Thanks for sharing, I really like gold and black.
Sal
Sal, There are so many uses for the "plastics" that are available now, I often wonder why bearings or bushings for boat trailers are not available in these materials....or are they???
I see so many boat trailers with wheels fallen off due to no or scant maintenance.
I have a friend who sells "plastic" thrust washers and spherical bearings to the mining industry that look very interesting.
cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Alto Mare

Basto, try these as well when you get a chance, I know you have a Jigmaster:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12549.0
This is the best so far, the reel stays amazingly smooth up to 30lbs. , you will like it.
Those numbers are from testing only, the reel shouldn't be fished over 20lbs. out in the real world.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.