help with identifying reel.

Started by bigpoppa, November 11, 2014, 12:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpoppa

I was given an ambassaduer with no markings saying what size it is but someone had scratched 5500 into it. I compared it to a friend's 6500/6600 and it seems to be the same size. And I can't get the schematics to pop up. The foot number is 067200 and the side plates are like a silver/blue  or gunmetal color. Any help is appreciated. 

bigpoppa

After looking up the foot number again, I found that there are several models from 5000 to the 6500. So how do I tell what reel I have

foakes

Hi big poppa --

There are a few very good ABU experts on this Board.

And at this point, with the prolific number of models, variations, and the production output of ABU -- there are many possibilities, given your clues.

A few photos would really help to narrow it down -- all parts, plus 6 sides & the inside of the right and left sides.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

call pure fishing at 800-228-4272.  they should be able to find it.  then, for schematics on line, go to http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!