Centaure Pacific

Started by wailua boy, November 19, 2016, 05:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wailua boy

I've owned this reel for a few years now but now I'm considering selling it. What do guys think the value is and approx year of manufacture? I do really like the reel and want to fish with it but never had the heart to put line on. Thanks for input.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wailua boy

Thank you. It was practically given to me with some other equipment from a friend who had inherited it from his father but not being a fishermen himself wanted me to have(or some other fisherman). I really probably shouldn't sell it, I know Ill regret it later

Bryan Young

Yhose were the surf reels of choice years ago. I had a similar one growing up. It belonged to my step-father. It must have been from the 50s or 60s.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Hi WB --

Price is whatever someone is willing to write a check for -- of course, we all know that.

In my opinion only -- a method that has worked for me in determining or estimating value is the old ebay sold listings. 

In this case, there are 8 sold listed.  I toss out the highest price and the lowest price -- then average the other 6 -- comes to $50 average for all levels of condition.

A nice one without a box went for $99 with 20 bids.

So my guess would $200 in the condition yours appears to be in -- with the box and papers.

If the number on the box matches the reel -- that is also a plus.

There are not a lot of these out there -- and the 3 nicer ones that were sold received from 10 to 20 unique bids.

So to me -- that shows solid interest.

This reel is from the 50s -- I have a few, and they are very decent reels -- strong and capable.

You never know what $$$ these may bring -- from the right buyer.

Good luck!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

WAIT!!! for a Centaure fad in Japan & allow international bids

EXAMPLE: about 10 yrs. ago, when Japanese collectors were highly active, I sold my mint Olympic Centaure knock-off (plain, no extras) back to Japan for $200...  if I had had all the extras, $400-500 would have been very likely...  compared to this "no international shipping" MORON, who got a measly $110, despite having ALL the extras:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Olympic-Spinning-Reel-Model-83-with-Box-/291843652939?hash=item43f33cbd4b%3Ag%3ATgoAAOSw6n5XrNm7&nma=true&si=FVlMD46T5lElizt%252BrAwyAOaaSUs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

wailua boy

Good tips guys and thanks for posting