Bonitos in San Diego Bay 01/10/2015

Started by Porthos, January 10, 2015, 06:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

After spending the last part of 2014 in Toyko and Hong Kong without ANY productive fishing involved, hit my MO this morning around 6:40AM.

After about ten casts with a 1/2 oz chrome kastmaster, had big hit that I lost after 8 cranks.  >:(

A few casts later, an 8" lizardfish...great  ::) ...it's gonna be one of those sessions, but at least the big white stripe was off my back.

Then hits here and there but no hookups until about 7:30 AM with hit that was the same as big hit earlier...gave a good fight and came up as a 13"-14" bonito hook on the back through the dorsal fin. Guess it was going to become a "better" session.

20 mins later, I got another big hit and this one was also a bonito about the same size as the last, but a different one since its dorsal area was intact.

Called it a "decent" day at 8 AM and went home to mow the back lawn.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Porthos

All C&R'd...I don't eat anything coming out of any of the bays.

Islandgypsy

Looks like fun...pound for pound they're hardest fighters in the sea. Very tasty smoked,too.

ChileRelleno

Heh... Just making bait for other things  ::)

Bobos are fun, I've caught some big ones in SD harbor many times.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."