29L-60/29L-85.....DO'H!!!

Started by Keta, June 26, 2017, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I've been looking for a aluminum spool for a Penn 60 project I'm doing for a friends grandson with little success, I did get a good lead but I stumbled into a Seaboy 190 with a good spool in my spare parts pile....I should have known the 60 used a 29L-85 spool.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RowdyW

Lee, the Seaboy 190 spool fits a LB 65. Thats the way to give a 65 an aluminum spool.                     Rudy

Keta

You're right, I need a Seaboy 185.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sdlehr

Just make the Penn 60 project a Penn 65 project and be done! :)
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Keta

Quote from: sdlehr on June 26, 2017, 11:16:41 PM
Just make the Penn 60 project a Penn 65 project and be done! :)

That's funny, my "60" is a set of flat older 65 sideplates with 60 stand, spool and bars.  The 60 I'm working on now had the bearing broken out of the left sideplate and was found in a dumpster on the coast, Jay did some dumpster diving and brought it to me to fix so he could give it to his little brother.

Mark Twain

TongassFisher

I have an aluminum 60 Long Beach spool I'd gladly send you. Let me know if you would like it. Maybe we could do a strait trade, the spool for a set of 113h lug blanks whenever you get around to making them again? If you have no plans of another run I'll just send you the spool anyway.

Trevor

Keta

As soon as the cutter gets done with my Febuary order I will have the lug blanks.  I do want the spool.

Mark Twain

TongassFisher

Lee,

Here are the two I have. I'm assuming the one on the left is a silver colored aluminum spool. It soaked in simple green for a few days and developed a subtle off colored ring you can sort of see in the picture.

It's yours if you want it?

Let me check my old messages, I should have yoUr address, I'll try and get it in the mail to you tomorrow.
IMG_2614" border="0

RowdyW

The one on the left is a 3 piece stainless steel spool. Aluminum spools are black anodized.

TongassFisher

Shark Hunter

It will still work, those spools are pretty strong.
Life is Good!