Ambassadeur 5000

Started by Roger R, December 23, 2014, 05:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger R

Newbie question. I have a ambassadeur 5000 with # on bottom reel foot 841000. I want to make sure i find the right schematic so at Mike's Reel Repair i found schematics for 5000 84-0, 84-2, 84-3, 84-4.  All look the same parts number except 84-0. I wanted to replace drag washers but not sure which part number i need.  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

foakes

Hi Roger --

There are some good ABU experts on this Board.

In general, and if in doubt -- just measure the OD & ID of the current drag washers.

Then call Mike's, Dawn at Smooth Drag, or Southwestern in Texas.  They will know what you need.

ABU made hundreds of Ambassadeur models -- and a lot of them have the same parts -- but drags can be a different story, depending on the year manufactured.

Good luck and welcome!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Roger R