New Toy today

Started by Big Tim, February 06, 2015, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Just now came in the mail  ;D ;D ;D Can't wait to open it up and double dog,upgrade the drag, 5:1 gears...Oh yeah & a handle

Just as nice inside  ;D

Everything greased except the drags

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

DaBigOno

Looks good Tim!   Looking forward to you build
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Nice Tim!!! Can't wait to see what you catch with it!
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

That's a Beauty Tim! :P
I saw some Gold Spools on Scott's Website if you really want to make that Thing Pop!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Tim, you've been home all day waiting by the window for that box to come, get back to work ::) ;D.
I have the same but mine is a 4/0. Very nice bud ;).
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Big Tim

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 06, 2015, 09:18:15 PM
Tim, you've been home all day waiting by the window for that box to come, get back to work ::) ;D.
I have the same but mine is a 4/0. Very nice bud ;).
Sal

Sal, I went to work at 4:00am so I could take lunch late and wait for the FED EX guy today...I might be to tired to work on it tonight  ;D

Aiala

Big Tim got the Gold!  ;D

Can't wait to see you put it to work on the SOA.  8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Big Tim

Quote from: Aiala on February 06, 2015, 11:21:20 PM
Big Tim got the Gold!  ;D

Can't wait to see you put it to work on the SOA.  8)

~A~

Thank you  ;D I just ordered the double dog & 5:1 gear set up from Alan, will get the big Alan to send the gear sleeve, then the decision on the handle and drags  :-\

doradoben

Very nice, Tim. Was this the one that was mounted on a Seeker 670-8 ??

Big Tim

Quote from: doradoben on February 07, 2015, 02:16:23 AM
Very nice, Tim. Was this the one that was mounted on a Seeker 670-8 ??

Yes it is..Rod will be in tomorrow & as you know, what a good price.

Tim

MarkT

Nice! That handle has to go, I hate those flat rubber handles that Penn uses.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Alto Mare

Tim, I thought you were too tired to work on it this evening ;D. Nice ss clicker spring, if we could get one of these great machinists here to make us some ss eccentric and lever, you would have 100% ss guts in that baby ;).
Tim, try the custom spacer sleeve from Black Pearl and see if it fits, it would really help. On some Accurate it doesn't fit on my plates it does.
What I like the most on those plates, is the left and right side adjustable bearing, I don't get it why others didn't consider it, Penn included. That spool is very easy to keep centered.
Enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rothmar2

Beautiful score. How I would love to get my hands on just one of these Accurate conversions and finish it right off. Sweet rod too.