first photo contest - you and your dog (or cat!!!!!) (or guinea pig!!!!!)

Started by alantani, December 05, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unutt

So many reels, so little time.

alantani

no, no, no!  something else.  i'll fill you guys in later. i've gotta find that reel first!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

txangler81

Bryan Young

I think the 2/0 is in a pin with other complete reels.  The one I pulled out of the box is a penn 99 with no line.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

nope, checked everywhere.  i wonder if i got crossed up with the reel that i gave away already? that's ok, i'll figure something else out.

Shark Hunter

Another 99 is fine. It will get the froth going just as much. :D  I think you sold (or gave) that 2/0 to Dominick a while back. I'm not going to pose in any speedos or build a pink reel.
You have to draw the line somewhere. ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 19, 2015, 06:54:21 AM
I'm not going to pose in any Speedos or build a pink reel. You have to draw the line somewhere. ;)

How about a pink plinth?   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

alantani

sorry, i'm with daron on this one.  no pink!   ;D

yeah, i gave the reel to dominick already!  ok, i'll find something else! 

Shark Hunter

Boss,
I can even provide a Donor reel if need be. A Beachmaster 155 narrowed to 100 width with a new aluminum spool, stand and stainless steel crossbars and new drags. My latest inventions thanks to Sal. ;)

Life is Good!

alantani

naw, it's ok. i got this!  got a bunch of options.  i'm gonna poke around the garage just a little bit more. 

Shark Hunter

Well,
I am here if you need me.
I just bought a pretty pristine 155 that will look pretty nice.
They are getting scarce.
Life is Good!

fsrmn

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

foakes

Many ideas are fun -- and this contest should be fun -- Thanks, Alan!

We need to remember that we have a lot of folks on this Board at different levels of experience -- some just starting to work on reels, some more seasoned, a few experts, some machinists, collectors, historians, designers, etc., etc...and, not all of us have a spouse, or immediate family, or kids, or a house, or a boat.

The last thing we want to do is become cliquish or non-inclusive.

Not all of us have either the interest or $$$ to own big boats, go on Long Range trips, or spend thousands on upgrades.

And most of us do not own massive amounts of reels & gear.

But we will all generally have one thing in common -- our love of fishing -- whether it be for Bluegill or Blue Marlin.

So we might consider something along the lines of a picture with the member actually fishing.  Doesn't matter how old or new the pic is -- just needs to have the member, water, and a reel visible.

Just like each of us has been warmly welcomed into this group at one time or another.  This would encourage everyone to be involved -- with something we can all relate to equally -- our passion for the sport.

Or something else along these lines.

Up to Aiala and Alan to figure this out.

Thanks again for the great contest, Alan!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.