1980 OH MY-More old pics

Started by Big Tim, May 01, 2015, 01:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Sitting on Half Dome with my bro Scott..Oh My

Lake Hell For Sure...10700' elev...This who's going into the Navy to protect you  ;D
;D

We fished all these lakes over 2 backpacking trips leaving from Courtright Res.

JoePlo

Very cool. I like whoever named a bunch of those peaks and lakes.

Dominick

I stopped looking at old pictures.  It only reminds me of when I could move around without creaking.  I leave you with this
"Old age is not a disease - it is strength and survivorship, triumph over all kinds of vicissitudes and disappointments, trials and illnesses."  Maggie Kuhn  Barf Barf gag gag :'( :-\ :'( :-\ Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

vicissitudes

Is that something you do with a sharp knife?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on May 01, 2015, 05:16:24 PM
vicissitudes

Is that something you do with a sharp knife?

Best,

Fred
Yuk Yuk  ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: JoePlo on May 01, 2015, 02:07:02 PM

Somewhere there is a picture of me sliding down in the snow on the east side on Hell For Sure pass  11,280'...All this was 100 pounds ago ;D

Big Tim

Big Tim

11286' elevation...On top of Hell For Sure Pass...Lookin' down on God's creation...Same Aug. 1980 trip. My girlfriends dad, Now my Father in Law for 3000 years was our guide (sort of) He hated fish, but when I fried fish in the frost of 6:00am after 20 miles in the high country he quickly learned the protein source was more than acceptable.

Big Tim

Quote from: JoePlo on May 01, 2015, 02:07:02 PM

Disappointment Lake was named from a person long ago trying to photograph the glassy waters and it's reflections only to be spoiled countless times by a High Sierra breeze