A new alu-frame for Penn reels.

Started by trond_solem, January 03, 2015, 06:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerman

I have a long beach 67 with a warped spool i can send over..

trond_solem

Quote from: crackerman on January 06, 2015, 05:32:01 PM
I have a long beach 67 with a warped spool i can send over..

That will help.

trond_solem

Since one of the machinists I am talking to suggested a simplified design to keep the cost down, I had to do some redesign.
Still looks quite nice to me.

mrpee

Trond, how is the alum. Frames going? Have you started production yet ?

Rivverrat

Yup, I'm curious myself.   Been quietly watching in anticipation.

Sledge

trond_solem

I am still trying to get a CNC shop to make them at a reasonable cost.
The problem seems to be that I live in Norway and they think we all are billionares and they yank up the price.
I have got some quotes that are on par with the price of a new Tiburon frame, but I need to get the cost per piece well below that to make it happen.

If someone knows a CNC machinist that can make them, please put me in contact with them.

-Trond

ez2cdave

Quote from: trond_solem on January 03, 2015, 06:27:24 AM
Since Tiburon frames are hard to come by here in europe (read: noone ships overseas), we may have to design and have our own frames cut.

At the moment I am investigating the possibillity of getting them cut in a low cost/high tec country. Havent got any price yet, but he said I am going to be plesantly surprised.

If you make these frames , PLEASE ENLARGE the "FEET" of the Reel Foot . . . NEWELL, TIBURON, and ACCURATE parts all have UNDERSIZED Reel Feet  ! ! !

It would also be GREAT if the Reel Foot were STAINLESS STEEL, instead of ALUMINUM ! ! !