JIGMASTER ACCUPLATES

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, January 08, 2015, 11:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: R46chevy on January 09, 2015, 07:14:29 AM
Do you have blue plates for a 4/0?

I'm sorry to say the only 4/0 plates that I have at this time are black and gold.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: bestout on April 01, 2015, 09:33:17 PM
how much for red or blue jigmaster

I have an ice blue Jigmaster 99 Accuframe with spool, but I do not have any more ice blue Accuplates at this time.  The red Accuplates with Accuframe Jigmaster complete reels start at $165.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 01, 2015, 09:53:51 PM
Quote from: TechTeach on April 01, 2015, 01:22:54 PM
How much for the red 349H plates?

I have a good used set that would be $195 complete with all of the Penn mechanical parts and handle, so all that you would need to complete the reel would be the frame, spool and harness lugs, and I could sell them for $195.  It that works for you, I would be happy to take some good close-up photos.

Thanks,

Randy
Hi Randy,

If the 349h side plates are still available, I'll take them. Let me know.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I haven't heard anything from the person who asked about them, so they are all yours Tom.  If you want to send me a check again instead of Paypal, knock 3% off, which will total $194 ($195 plus $5 for shipping by Priority Mail = $200 minus 3% = $194).

Thanks for the business,

Randy

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks Randy!
I'll drop a check in the mail tomorrow.
Sorry we didn't have more time to catch up at the Fred hall show, every time I cruised by your booth, you were swamped!
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I'm sorry that we couldn't spend some time together at the show too, and I hope that you have a chance to stop by the next time that you come through the Central Coast and let me buy lunch or dinner if you have time.

Thanks again,

Randy

TechTeach

Wow, sold out from under me.

I already have a 349H, do you have just the plates instock without all the internals?
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: TechTeach on April 02, 2015, 01:48:31 PM

I already have a 349H, do you have just the plates instock without all the internals?

The only other 349H Accuplates that I have are on the gold reel in my personal collection.  I would be happy to sell the plates, bearings, clicker kit, mounting screws and the nylon bushing that goes under the eccentric lever separately.  Would gold work for you, and if so, could you use the matching Accuframe?

Thanks,

Randy

TechTeach

Maybe, depending on cost.

Could you post up some pictures and price. I like the idea of the frame, does it take the original spool? I'm basically trying to set up a 349H for tuna jigging.

My dad made money in the 70's jigging bluefish with his 349's and I think he would get a kick out of catching tuna on a hot rodded one of the old workhorses.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: TechTeach on April 02, 2015, 01:48:31 PM

Not at all Bud,
If you are still interested, they are yours. I did not mean to snipe them from you.

Randy,
If TechTeach want them, they are rightfully his. My check is in the mail, just shred it when it arrives.
Tom

foakes

WOW!!!

The amount of shear class on this site is amazing, as well as inspiring.

Thank You, Randy -- for making these types of nearly impossible parts to find -- available to us on Alan's site.

And even though many of the parts are more than rare -- at fair prices for our members.

And, Thank You, Tom -- for showing such unselfish class.

Tom -- I was going through a few boxes of Penn parts I pulled out of storage this morning -- and found these.

Are they some of your early cranks?

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cortez_Conversions

No Fred, they aren't mine. It does look like something my ol' man has hanging in the garage. I remember him coming home from Ventura harbor after an overnight trip to the islands. The gunny sacks filled with huge reds, ling, sheep head and vermilion. He still has an old rod with a very crusty 6/0 hanging in the rafters!

As for the side plates, fair is fair. I didn't look at the date stamp on TechTeaches post. Had I seen that his posts were from that morning, I never would have swooped!
I have been looking for a set of those plates to use as samples for future projects. Lee(Keta) wants frames, so I may as well make plates too, right??

TechTeach

Actually I prefer the red plates but I don't need all the internals.

I would like to see some pictures before making a commitment though.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on April 02, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
No Fred, they aren't mine. It does look like something my ol' man has hanging in the garage. I remember him coming home from Ventura harbor after an overnight trip to the islands. The gunny sacks filled with huge reds, ling, sheep head and vermilion. He still has an old rod with a very crusty 6/0 hanging in the rafters!

As for the side plates, fair is fair. I didn't look at the date stamp on TechTeaches post. Had I seen that his posts were from that morning, I never would have swooped!
I have been looking for a set of those plates to use as samples for future projects. Lee(Keta) wants frames, so I may as well make plates too, right??

I do not know the rules of etiquette for buying and selling in the other forums on Alan's board, but in this particular forum, the rule is that until someone says "you have a deal", any item up for sale in this forum is fair game for anyone.   The fact that someone has inquired about or made an offer on an item does not bestow upon that person any senior interest in that item, and inquiries and offers from all parties are welcomed and encouraged until the item is sold.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: TechTeach on April 02, 2015, 06:18:01 PM
Maybe, depending on cost.

Could you post up some pictures and price. I like the idea of the frame, does it take the original spool? I'm basically trying to set up a 349H for tuna jigging.

My dad made money in the 70's jigging bluefish with his 349's and I think he would get a kick out of catching tuna on a hot rodded one of the old workhorses.

I'm sorry to say that the frame for this reel is a special 2 7/16" wide model commonly referred to as the "Wahoo Special" and it requires the matching wide spool.  To the best of my knowledge, no one has made an aluminum frame for the standard 1 5/8" 349 width, but if anyone else has seen one, I would love to hear about it.