sabre nypoxy rods

Started by txangler81, February 22, 2015, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

Are sabre nypoxy rods good rods
Thanks
Dustin

Keta

"Old technology" but still good.  I'm looking for a 20#-30# one right now.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

yeah kind of collector items around here. I picked up a like new...after cleaning 5010 and after talking to Leon Todd, the man who made these rods I found out the 5000 series are Super Sabre's and even more rare.  Iposted pic's on this web site somewhere of the rod, I'll see if I can find them.

Edit: Here some pic's of the one I found. Be careful if you cant pull on the rod your looking at before buyngs it. Mine is rated to 20-50 pound line but this model I would not fish over 20 lb test on, I mainly use it for 15 lb.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6720.0

Ron Jones

Still my favorite rod. It is important to remember that the smaller Sabre's were designed for guys who like to play fish out. They are safe to fish their line rating but they don't feel the same as a rod made today with the same line rating.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

txangler81

Keta

Look at the tip, it's trashed.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

txangler81

that's what I was thinking just wanted to run it by you guys.

txangler81

that same seller has a bunch of other vintage rods would you mind telling me what you think of them.

Thanks
Dustin

Marcq

Quote from: txangler81 on February 24, 2015, 05:59:59 AM
that same seller has a bunch of other vintage rods would you mind telling me what you think of them.

Thanks
Dustin

What do you want to use it for?

Marc..

txangler81

I would use them from peers and jetties and I want to get a kayak to fish the bays around galveston for red fish flounder and trout

SoCalAngler

Quote from: txangler81 on February 24, 2015, 05:59:59 AM

Thanks
Dustin

He has a Seeker 196 S (spinner) that looks like a C (coventional) which looks to be in good shape. Thats a 15 lb test rod and most west coast guys would look for a 7 or 8 footer and not a 6 foot model. I'm not sure that Seeker made the Cal-Coast 196 in the longer lengths though. I would not pay much more that what the price is now.

txangler81

Thanks so far everything has gone for more than I am willing to spend He has a couple left im watching but im having my doubts on those may just stick with ugly stiks lol

Dustin