Hi from Australia

Started by Slazmo, January 22, 2015, 11:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slazmo

Hi everyone,

I am from the Gold Coast (Queensland) which is in Australia.

Something I likt to do is fish and that comes in between servicing reels of my own and others, I have about 15 years of proficiency and have learnt from a lifelong friend which has been servicing reels for the last 25 years from all stables and has been certified by Shimano and Daiwa service agencies.

I have serviced mostly the major brands however I am tending to disregard the Daiwa "Magseal" reels as this Magseal product is not worth messing with as you cant replace it...

I would like to call my servicing style 'thourough' as I typically wash, acid wash brass parts that are discoloured, ultrasonic clean ball bearings and then wash down the initial wash solution and then lastly rinse with fresh water and dry.

My go to lubricants are - Inox MX3 & MX5 (oils - some custom mixed), MX6 (Rubber Grease), MX8 (HD Lithium Complex), Inox MX3 Nickle oil and lastly Mercury 2-4-C which is a HD marine grade grease with great tack and stand up qualities.

I pride myself in finding solutions for issues like slop in handles which I havent been able to find anyone mention a fix on this forum however will endevour to share my solution when I figure out positing requirements here (eg posting pictures).

Anyhow I hope to share a few techniques and tricks with you all and learn a thing or two also  ;D

Andrew

foakes

Hi slazmo --

Welcome!

Look forwrd to your posts...

Photobucket works well on this site -- it is free and easy to use -- and this site will not get clogged up or slowed down by hosting too many pics on Alan's server.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Andrew! ;)
Welcome Aboard! ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Definitely welcome!  I've checked out your other posts and I'd say calling you thorough is like calling the ocean damp. Good job!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

wallacewt

welcome from perth
i have son and daughter at runaway bay
wallacewt

MFB

G'day Andrew,

From the other side of the Tasman.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

ossipeter

Welcome from Bavaria. My dauhgter will visit your country from end of February to end of Mai.

Slazmo

Thanks for the replies and the welcomes.

Quote from: MarkT on January 23, 2015, 04:00:01 AM
Definitely welcome!  I've checked out your other posts and I'd say calling you thorough is like calling the ocean damp. Good job!
Thanks for that comment - really appreciate it! I like to be thourough however there are a lot of people on here that I would like to learn from and if anyone can get a thing or two out of me I am happy to share.

Quote from: wallacewt on January 23, 2015, 06:02:42 AM
welcome from perth, i have son and daughter at runaway bay. wallacewt
Nice part of the coast - I am literally 5 mins up the road at Paradise Point.

[/quote]
Quote from: ossipeter on January 24, 2015, 09:20:36 PM
Welcome from Bavaria. My dauhgter will visit your country from end of February to end of Mai.
Tell her to bring a hat - its pretty hot and humid here at the moment - its actually pretty bad this year in comparison to others!!!

Quote from: alantani on January 23, 2015, 12:11:47 AM
welcome!!!!!

And last but not least - Thanks for the site Alan! Have been perusing the boards for a while back now, finally took the plunge and joined ;D

Best,

Andrew