Charter Operations Posting Instructions

Started by Bryan Young, January 30, 2015, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I have created a new category for Charger Operations to help members find an operation that members have fished on.

Please indicate the operation name, city and state in the Subject line.  That will help our members find a charter operation if traveling in the area.

If you are an owner of a charter or work on the charter, please post as much detail of your operation, including vessel size, # of passangers, type of fishing that you do, recommended gear for each type of fishing, rental information, link to your website, and contact information as needed.

If you have fished on the charter, please share your pictures and experiences with the charter operations.   Let's keep this as positive as possible.  We need to help our charter operators out.  It's a hard business and in many cases, they run on a very thin budget.  If you have a personal issue with the charter and had bad experiences, please address them with the charter themselves.  This area of the board is not intended to put any charter organization on an internet blast.

If you have any questions, please post on this topic or PM me.  Thank you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

I started 2 postings to use as an example of the first posting for the charter operation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i'd add that, if you have had a horrible experience with a charter, you can post that.  i would ask before you do, to please contact the office first to voice your concerns and see what they say.  give them a chance to make it right, or at least voice their side of the argument. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on January 30, 2015, 04:49:10 PM
i'd add that, if you have had a horrible experience with a charter, you can post that.  i would ask before you do, to please contact the office first to voice your concerns and see what they say.  give them a chance to make it right, or at least voice their side of the argument. 
Thank you Alan...I didn't quite know how to word what I have been thinking...I just didn't want a rant.

Maxed Out

I only talk to close friends about bad charter experiences and that's the way I think it should be. Bad charters don't stick around long because fishermen and women share their experiences, good or bad....usually over a cold beer.

Good charters on the other hand need to get talked about and shared.

Most importantly a charter boat should be where the best opportuninty can be found to catch the targeted species. Timing has a lot to do with success of catching also, and years of return customers who often book their next year trip before they come home from this years trip makes it tough to book prime time dates on a reputable charter boat......BTW, if you guys in So Cal wanna actually catch some albacore you need to hop on a party boat out of Westport Washington mid July-mid Sept..... No limit, and live bait on light gear, 10 people per boat......its a blast !! avg. size #20... average daily take is 5 to 15 fish per person. There are day trips on up to 3-4 day overnighters

Isn't that what this thread is really about Bryan ?? You want to know where your albacore went ??.....there's your answer, so c'mon up
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

PE Pete

Hi guys, what about ?'s regarding charter operations/contacts/experiences of overseas operators & locations.
Can that go in this section or is there a specific section for this??
Cheers Pete