Mexican Lobster anyone?

Started by steelfish, January 26, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

I will let the pics do the talking

The Baja Guy

Unutt

The pictures are talking to me, for sure!
So many reels, so little time.

ChileRelleno

If I wasn't already stuffed, my stomach would be growling.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Keta

It looks so good I licked my monitor.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

wallacewt

asparagus,cream spud and lobster,dont need no dessert.

Bryan Young

oh yum...I'm hungry...is Lobster for breakfast extravagant? 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

Are they here legally or illegally? ;D 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

conchydong

I would think Mexican lobsters would be quite welcomed to cross the border with no questions asked.

TomT

The best lobster I've ever had was in Magdelena Bay, Baja Sur.  I am not a lobster connoisseur.  When we go out to dinner I would opt for a Big rare Rib-eye--but my wife would prefer a lobster.  So over the years(been married 54 years), I have had lots of bites of lobster.  That being said We have not been to the East Coast to experience fresh Maine lobster.  In Mag Bay, the guide took us to the island for lunch.  The "diner" was owned by a relative.  our guide did the cooking.  The stove was a barrel.  The cooking top was a "wok" style plate.  The lobster were live, fresh and in ice.  He split them length wise and did a little cleaning of internal parts.  He put a 50/50 mixture of butter and canola oil in the wok and added some garlic powder.  When the "oil" was hot enough he cooked the lobsters for a few minutes.  As a backyard cook, I assisted (watched) him.  When he determined it was done it, the lobster was plated with some veggies, beans and rice and of course, tortillas ;) ;D.  It was accompanied by a couple of Pacificos. This was a great meal and I always remember it when the subject of lobster comes up.
TomT

steelfish

Quote from: TomT on February 03, 2015, 04:18:27 AM
the lobster was plated with some veggies, beans and rice and of course, tortillas ;)

That surely sounds like a Baja style of preparing Lobster.

Great memories you have there mi amigo.

I like wine or a Tekate beer with my lobster
The Baja Guy