114H Special Senator

Started by Capt. Bob Pastor, February 02, 2015, 10:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Bob Pastor

Well, the CLR did the trick. No need to polish the spools further, thanks.

I want to use these reels for big grouper and need to crank the drag down. I have to replace one bearing and am putting CF drags, stainless gears, dogs, and gear sleeves. Where can I get a Delrin under gear (and over) washer?

Any recommendations for a nice handle?

I'm not going to get new frames now, maybe later. Why would I choose narrow over wide?

Thanks.

Tight Lines,
Capt. Bob Pastor

Capt. Bob Pastor

I am having fits trying to remove the pin from the old brass gear sleeve. Any thoughts?
Tight Lines,
Capt. Bob Pastor

foakes

Hi Captain --

There are some good high-tech pin removers on the market -- but for me this is quick, dead simple, and inexpensive:

Get 1/16" and 3/32" punches from Sears. 

Why Sears?  Because I break at least one of 1/16" punches every 6 months or so.  Never broken a 3/32".
I always buy (2) -- then when one breaks -- I just keep on using the spare one -- then the next time I am in Sears, I just take the old one in -- and they hand me a brand new one over the counter -- no questions, no receipt, no drama -- just gets done with no additional expense.  Craftsman -- guaranteed forever (or until they go out of business).

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Capt. Bob Pastor

Yea, well I broke the 1/16 punch from my gunsmithing toolbox, but I got them removed. Unfortunately, I was sent the wrong SS gear sleeve. I'll have to wait until the proper one comes in.
Tight Lines,
Capt. Bob Pastor

DaBigOno

Quote from: Capt. Bob Pastor on February 12, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
Well, the CLR did the trick. No need to polish the spools further, thanks.

Any pics??

I want to use these reels for big grouper and need to crank the drag down.... am putting CF drags...

If you need more drags, check these CF drag set,,,

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12788.0

Where can I get a Delrin under gear (and over) washer?

PM Dawn @ Smooth Drags

http://alantani.com/index.php?action=profile;u=383

Any recommendations for a nice handle?

Check these out...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12785.0

I'm not going to get new frames now, maybe later. Why would I choose narrow over wide?

It depends how you're going to fish it... Narrow for jigging, wide for trolling

Just my two cents

Aloha!

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono