Traveller who needs help

Started by yockman, November 13, 2010, 04:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

stephen, you've got my cell #.  make sure you call when you get stateside.  i'm looking at my schedule and it's pretty ugly.  i have saturday, the 18th off.  then i'm working a combination of day and night shifts the following sunday, monday and tuesday.  i'm off on thursday the 23rd, working christmas eve, christmas and the day after (the 24th, 25th and 26th).  on tuesday, the 27th, we are headed on a family vacation until new years.  

when you get a schedule, can you let us know?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

yockman

G'day mates :)

Thank you, Alan, that's incredibly kind of you. I'll be leaving LA sometime on the 21st, don't know whether I'll stop one or two nights between there and SF, but I'll certainly give you a call when I have a plan and/or am in the vicinity. That is an ugly schedule indeed, so I hope the holidays make up for it.

TyeeJim, I hope to be able to get a look at some parts of Yosemite, but if it's snowed in (the monster dump the midwest had during last week made the news here), then that's too bad. I won't have chains. Maybe I'll get a look at those other 2 parks to the south, whose names I can't recall at the moment.

Las Vegas was in my plans but after seeing bits of The Hangover, I'm not so sure. A mate whojust went said there's absolutely nothing that's any good for you there. Ha, some description.

Thanks for the tips Phin and Norcal. I'll get my boots on and walk for miles around SF.

Yock

Phinaddict

Hey Stephen,
I sent you a PM.

Gene
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

staff23

Hope you have a great trip.  If you make it to San Diego then I think that a stop at the Sportfishing landings ( Fisherman's Landing, Point Loma Sportfishing, H&M Landing, and Lee Palm Sportfishing all sit on about a 300 yard strech of waterfront at where Scott St. meets Garrison.  It will give you a little taste of what So Cal local fishing is like, and is the home to our Long Range fleet. It would be great to see one of the Long Range trips get back and tour one of the boats ( all of the captains are really accomodating and these boats are really unlike most sportfishing operations around the world.) But I think most of the boat leave Dec. 26th for form 5-12 day trips.  All of the landings have tackle shops, but see Fisherman's Landing Tackle it is the biggest and would probably be the most interesting.. DO NOT miss the chance to grab a bite to eat at Point Loma Seafood ( next to H&M Landing.) Try the Squid Sandwich.  I don't leave San Diego without having one. Have a great and safe trip.  And following seas on your 3 month adventure.

alantani

so, stephen, you're doing some last minute packing right now, right? ;D  weather here really stinks.  it's solid rain till the end of the week. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Hey Yockman,

Weather is really bad up here.  Pineapple express (weather coming from Hawaii) is really turning it on.  Hope weather in San Diego is better.  If it is, maybe it would be better for you to go fishing in San Diego if the weather is clear.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

well you got more on the way we got pounded for almost 24 hrs now