4/0 Sitting outside, sure I'll look at it...

Started by coastal_dan, February 13, 2015, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Dan, you have officially stepped into twilight zone...Nicely done!

Bryan Young

Quote from: coastal_dan on February 13, 2015, 07:40:55 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on February 13, 2015, 07:07:51 PM
Quote from: coastal_dan on February 13, 2015, 04:30:29 PM
Thanks all, I can't get over how great it feels working on any of these reels, and the satisfaction of it working correctly bring quite the natural high!

Thanks for the words of wisdom Fred, I hadn't really thought about the dis-assembly/re-assembly that way.  

Bryan - I'll let you know about the screw sizes when I measure tonight. thanks  ;D

Or which screws are missing from the sideplate.  I have basically 4 types of screws:

Bridge
Bridge - Yoke
Bars
Reel Foot

Sorry, I just though if it now.  my brain is not working that fast for communicating properly and effectively this week.

Thanks all! ;D

Brian - Missing 5 bar screws and 4 reel foot screws.  Funny that the one reel was even together...honestly the corrosion was giving it Hulk strength or something, haha.
Hi Dan,

I have 5 long and 5 shorter screws to mail you.  Please PM me your address.

I don't have any really short screws for the left side plate reel seat, so I hope this the screws are for the right. :D  If no, you need to cut them shorter.

Sorry, that is all that I had.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastal_dan

Awesome!  No sweat, great excuse to use the dremel :). Let me know what I owe you as well!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

Nothing bradah.  Got you covered.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Keta

Every time I take parts off of one of my reels to get someone's emergency job finished my reel gets set aside for months, sometimes years.  I just got my Penn 10 back together after closer to 2 years.  I did upgrade the drag stack though.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Nice job Dan, I also liked the side by side comparison. Great work saving those babies.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Bryan, screws received! Thanks a million!  Waiting on another tub of Penn grease to finish up the other two...to be continued!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Shark Hunter

You may as well start buying it by the pound! I buy mine two at a time. When I start on the last one. I order two more. ;D
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Ok, all done!  Clickers now are all unrustified (new word by the way :D), handles actually turn, corrosion doesn't hinder spool spin...blah...blah...blah.

They look much better, but still not great, haha.  I was concerned leaving the chrome in SG too long so I kept it to 24-ish hours or so.  The nylon and brass brushes were my friend with these guys.

Tested them and the drags are now smooth and consistent...and ADJUSTABLE, imagine that, haha.

Oddly enough the older Senators held up MUCH better to the outdoor brutality.  I think the weight of the spools helps them feel much smoother than the alum. spools.  But, the alum. spools I would trust with line on them, the chromed spools will just have 100 lb mono for teasers.

Thanks for any and all help AT.com!

Dan from Philadelphia...

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

handi2

Great Job Dan..!!

For cutting screws I use my electrical line strippers that have the threaded holes.  That's what these holes are for. Cutting screws.

When I have Penn reels just like you have and, everything is cleaned, by the time they are assembled with grease under the rings, etc., etc., the grease and oil get all over the side plates bringing them back to life.

I use to separately spray them with CorrosionX but no more. I get enough on them during assembly and it saves time.

If you ever need anything just let me know!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL