putting it back together

Started by tom5500, February 14, 2015, 08:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigOno

I would take it back apart and check your drag stack.  Possible eared washer is out of the gear.  Happens sometime.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

tom5500

took it apart/back together...(might help figure out what might be wrong) when i engage the clicker and turn the handle it just spins, doesnt force the spool to click( only clicks on free spool)

Padre

Also very new at this, so please don't take offense at the question, has the clicker been engaged when you've been testing the freespool?

Keta

Quote from: tom5500 on February 17, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
took it apart/back together...(might help figure out what might be wrong) when i engage the clicker and turn the handle it just spins, doesnt force the spool to click( only clicks on free spool)

I can not see how this can happen.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

tom5500

Quote from: Padre on February 18, 2015, 01:18:06 AM
Also very new at this, so please don't take offense at the question, has the clicker been engaged when you've been testing the freespool?

:)  not when i was testing how long it would spin.. i engaged the clicker to test it today(freespool on and off)

tom5500

Quote from: Keta on February 18, 2015, 01:25:14 AM

well dont look at me to figure it out  ;D ;D

tom5500

Quote from: Keta on February 18, 2015, 01:25:14 AM

when i turn the handle when its in freespool it seems to have a rough/high spot at six oclock(black plastic part of the handle) which you cant feel when the freespool isnt on

Keta

What part of the country do you live in?   You have me curious and I'd like to look at your reel.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

I have come across this from time to time as Fred stated the oil is what slowed the bearings down. As the viscosity of the oil you used is a bit higher then I would use and then going from none to that will cause the bearings to slow on free spool. Also, under load of a lure I doubt you would notice a distance change with the oil verses dry and most likely would better. The biggest way to see this change is a dry lube ceramic bearing vs a lubed hybrid ceramic bearing. The difference is HUGE in a free spill test but in actual castint, most can not tell the difference.  I tell every one before changing lubricants and bearing in their reel, to test it in real fishing applications to actually see a difference. If I was you and you want to do it on your own. I would pull the bearings clean them with carb cleaner and then put tsi 301 in them, you will see a big difference. Or run the reel over to Lee. As he will have them running right

DaBigOno

???

Got video?
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

tom5500

Quote from: Keta on February 18, 2015, 02:26:02 AM
What part of the country do you live in?   You have me curious and I'd like to look at your reel.

NY

Keta

I'm in SE Oregon, if no one closer can look at it you can ship it to me to go through it and see what's wrong for the cost of return postage.

Mark Twain

tom5500

Quote from: DaBigOno on February 18, 2015, 11:20:40 AM

???

Got video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEtWBRrZGeQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEtWBRrZGeQ&feature=youtu.be

tom5500

Quote from: Keta on February 18, 2015, 03:28:01 PM
I'm in SE Oregon, if no one closer can look at it you can ship it to me to go through it and see what's wrong for the cost of return postage.

thank you.. i really appreciate the offer.. i'll see if i with everyones help can work it out, if not i might have to take you up on your offer  ;D