Spinfisher 700

Started by Mikeflorian, March 12, 2015, 01:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeflorian

Picked this up 2 weeks ago at pawn/ electronics shop. It had no anti reverse, I took it apart and the dog spring was in the bottom of the reel can't figure how thar happened as the dog was in place under the gear.i cleaned her up greased and oiled and used calls on the drags.looks like 1 Teflon 2 of some other material anybody know the smoothdrag replacement no.s.i think I'm going to fish this one alittle bit

Bryan Young

Nice.  Is the spool a part of the rotor?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mikeflorian

No the spool comes of separate

Mikeflorian

I mean I can losen the drag nut and take the spool off if that is what you were asking

Aiala

I think most of your inquiries re Penn Spinfisher 700 can be answered here:  https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/700.pdf   :)

~A~

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bryan Young

from the picture it looks like the base is stainless steel what a green rotor, and the spool looks like it's attached to the rotor...but now that I think about it...that doesn't make any sense....I'll shut up now...I need sleep.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 12, 2015, 06:28:03 PM
from the picture it looks like the base is stainless steel what a green rotor, and the spool looks like it's attached to the rotor...but now that I think about it...that doesn't make any sense....I'll shut up now...I need sleep.
And you would keep turning the rod to retrieve line ::), go get some rest Bry Bry ;) ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

surfcaster

The stainless piece is a bearing cover that sits under the rotor. Tight Lines Richie

[][/img]