9/0 Frames

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

I started to head his way then I saw a shiny sign and got distracted!

thorhammer

I bet it said " penn 970's and all 9/0 Accuplates half price", didn't it?

David Hall

9/0 accumulates would stop me cold in my tracks

fishforfun

Please put me down for two frames, thanks.

Cortez_Conversions

Hey all,
I will be sending 54 frame kits to the plater next week! I am expecting about a week turn around from them. After reading 8 pages of posts, I am going to do a 70/30 split with the bias on silver over black. If anyone wants an unanodized kit for custom colors please contact me before Monday(7/27).
The kit includes the following:
Frame
Clamp
Stainless clamp hardware(studs,washers, and nuts)
Stainless Clamp nuts
One Penn chrome over brass post.

The price on these will be $100($105 PayPal) shipped in the US. If you are out of the country, PM me and we'll work on shipping costs.

Check or PayPal work fine for me.
My address is:
Tom Hryniuk
1445 Kim Court#3
Campbell,Ca.

My PayPal is my email:  tomhryniuk@hotmail.com

Sorry these took so long, but like I've always said, I gots a day job! ;D
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

SamCar

Yes! Will send PayPal soon.
Lose one rig one. -Capt. Quint

Dominick

Question...Does the high bar go on the front or the back?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cortez_Conversions

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

Dominick, didn't you buy one of the first rounders?... As far as I know these are the same. You need to use a tanked 9/0 like Erik Powell when you go to baja.🐋
Good call on the silver... They're my favorite unless I had a pair of 9/0 black side plates of course. Then I'd go all black.
This is the number one upgrade for the 9/0, so if you plan on pushing your 9/0, installing BP gears, or on the chance you might encounter "the one." These are for you!
Thanks
Dom

Three se7ens

Quote from: broadway on July 25, 2015, 01:26:41 AM
Dominick, didn't you buy one of the first rounders?... As far as I know these are the same. You need to use a tanked 9/0 like Erik Powell when you go to baja.🐋
Good call on the silver... They're my favorite unless I had a pair of 9/0 black side plates of course. Then I'd go all black.
This is the number one upgrade for the 9/0, so if you plan on pushing your 9/0, installing BP gears, or on the chance you might encounter "the one."
Thanks
Dom

I'll second that.  And on top of that, these frames are NICE!  The machining is as good as it gets.  And you don't see an integral foot like this on hardly anything.

Dominick

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 24, 2015, 07:53:12 PM
Either way  ;)
The reason I asked is that I think somewhere in the original thread someone showed a photo with the low bar in front and was told it was on backwards.  Dom I did purchase one of the originals and recently put it together.  I put the high bar in front and it does not look right.  It looks like the line will touch the bar when the line goes down on the spool.  Has anyone had a problem with that happening? Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Dominick,
This is the gold full frame model from the first run. The high bar goes in front. If you look at the Black one. The spool will have to get pretty low to hit that bar.

Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on July 25, 2015, 04:16:09 AM
Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 24, 2015, 07:53:12 PM
Either way  ;)
The reason I asked is that I think somewhere in the original thread someone showed a photo with the low bar in front and was told it was on backwards.

Guess who?? http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9184.240 (Bottom of page)   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Cortez_Conversions

Please remember that the post on a stock frame is in the same place. I can't remember hearing of anyone having issues wittiness rub on the frame. Usually the only way line would rub is if you were down to the knot. And if you are down to your knot you only have an issue for a few moments....

broadway

Dominick, i have with the high bar in front so if I need to thumb the reel, it's easier.
I haven't actually tested it with a fish but I have with a simulation of a fish and it wasn't a problem. Maybe it's possible but I don't see it.
If you don't buy one of these for joe, I'm telling him when we get together next time😬
Dom