coffee grinder

Started by thorhammer, February 25, 2015, 09:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Ok gents, I see you boys are geared heavily to conventional reels, as am I. However, I have recently decided to complete  / fix  / rewrap every outstanding orphan rod and reel I have sitting in corners once and for all, and this includes a Mitchell 402 with snapped stem (yes, i should use it as a door stop and spend the time actually fishing). I have searched web but cant find a really good word on how to remove the oscillation guide, shaft, and rotor so i can reinstall on the new body. any pointers?

also, looking a power handle for abu 8000 two speed syncro....cant figger why you'd stock a 30 lb class reel with a Zebco 202 handle....any suggestions?

alantani

i'm not much help for these smaller brand spinners.  anybody else?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

DaBigOno

Sorry, me neither.  I don't have any spinners!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

borchcl

Try the Mitchell Museum. They have some video clips, also Youtube has some.
Regards,
charlie

johndtuttle

Quote from: thorhammer on February 25, 2015, 09:09:31 PM
Ok gents, I see you boys are geared heavily to conventional reels, as am I. However, I have recently decided to complete  / fix  / rewrap every outstanding orphan rod and reel I have sitting in corners once and for all, and this includes a Mitchell 402 with snapped stem (yes, i should use it as a door stop and spend the time actually fishing). I have searched web but cant find a really good word on how to remove the oscillation guide, shaft, and rotor so i can reinstall on the new body. any pointers?

also, looking a power handle for abu 8000 two speed syncro....cant figger why you'd stock a 30 lb class reel with a Zebco 202 handle....any suggestions?

En regards to the Mitchell pm Foakes or Handi2 here I believe they have a lot of experience with them or post on a site called Stripersonline.com and there are a lot of guys there with Mitchell experience.

Sorry you haven't gotten a response sooner, be patient, the right Mitchell guy will eventually notice it and answer any questions you might have.

foakes

Sorry I did not reply earlier -- do you have it figured out yet?

On the oscillation guide -- there are two tiny "C" clips on each side of the guide -- attached to the spool shaft.

These can be tough to see -- since they are tiny, and generally covered in grease.

There is also a keyway keeper and a set screw on the pinion -- that are easily overlooked or lost.

The only way to get the key block aligned is by patience and feel.

If I can help further, please advise -- have parts, schematics, a little knowledge.

Good reels.  This is the dark blue high speed version of the 302.  These are tough old reels.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

thanks John! I figured out how to disassemble; I'm now qualified for brain surgery on a gnat after finding the shaft clips. got everything back together in new house but still having a catch at one place on the gears; which were working when I took apart. maybe a warp in the planomatic; i got it used of the fleabay. i actually found this site through stripers online was having some difficulty posting on there to ask a question. Thanks for the references.