SS Newell Sleeves

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: K.I.S.S. on September 03, 2015, 12:19:41 AM
I would like to be in line for 4 of these
Thanks K.I.S.S., disregard the PM . Now I know which sleeves you wanted.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

bluefish69

Tom

If these are the 2,3 & 400 Newell Sleeves how much money each?

Thanks

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Tightlines667

I will take 1 for the 200-400 series.  At the risk of sounding naive, are all stock Newell dogs SS? 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

bluefish69

Keta should have SS Dogs for Newell's. If not I have a few that he cut.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on September 06, 2015, 05:53:32 AM
I will take 1 for the 200-400 series.  At the risk of sounding naive, are all stock Newell dogs SS? 

I have only seen SS dogs in Newells.

Cortez_Conversions

The 200/300/400 series sleeves are at the heat treater! I should have them back early next week.
So here's what we came up with: these will fit all 200/300/400 Newell reels out there except for the 4 stack P series. They have the counter bore and chamfer for the early series.
I also ran a bunch of dogs out of 17-4 H900 hardened stainless steel. I would suggest changing out any P or G dogs you have that have the sharp corner on one side.
The sleeves are $29 shipping included. The dogs are $5.50 each, also free shipping.
I will post pics next week when they are all done.
If you would like to buy now, here's my contact:

Tom Hryniuk
1445 Kim Court #3
Campbell, Ca.

My PayPal account is my email:
cortezconversions@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on October 16, 2015, 11:19:28 PM
The 200/300/400 series sleeves are at the heat treater! I should have them back early next week.
So here's what we came up with: these will fit all 200/300/400 Newell reels out there except for the 4 stack P series. They have the counter bore and chamfer for the early series.
I also ran a bunch of dogs out of 17-4 H900 hardened stainless steel. I would suggest changing out any P or G dogs you have that have the sharp corner on one side.
The sleeves are $29 shipping included. The dogs are $5.50 each, also free shipping.
I will post pics next week when they are all done.
If you would like to buy now, here's my contact:

Tom Hryniuk
1445 Kim Court #3
Campbell, Ca.

My PayPal account is my email:
cortezconversions@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone!

The sleeves and dogs are done. Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered, your parts are on the truck in the morning!

speedwagon2

Tom,
   Any sleeves available for the 300 series?  I was fishing in Mexico, just got back yesterday.  Let me know.
Speedwagon II

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: speedwagon2 on October 21, 2015, 08:08:04 PM
Tom,
   Any sleeves available for the 300 series?  I was fishing in Mexico, just got back yesterday.  Let me know.
Speedwagon II

Yes, the sleeves for the 200, 300, and 400 series reels are done.
All the info is a couple of posts before this one.
Thanks,
Tom

Newell Nut

I received the new 300 series gear sleeves and they are just as awesome as the 500s were. Beautiful work again by Tom.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joel8080

Tom

Just received the 200 sleeve it's a work of art.

Thank you

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

mikeysm

I received the sleeve today. My reel is allot quieter than the original sleeve. It also has less movement in the handle. Carl Newell could have used Tom when he designed the reels. This is a major improvement over the original sleeve.

Cortez_Conversions

Hello All,

Newell Nut just sent me a message:

"I had problem today installing one of the new sleeves. It would not go on the bridge due to small ID. Tried all 6 and failed. Then tested on two spare bridges and no problem. Just a heads up.

For this one reel I used a 22 cal bore brush with steel wool and JBs Bore shine. Chucked it in the drill and polished for a couple minutes and the sleeve fit okay. Odd Bridge post I guess."

If anyone else has any issues, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tom

Newell Nut

This was an old G series but the sleeves fit other Gs just fine. I doubt if I polished more than a half a thousandth. I could push the sleeve on before doing the polishing but it was just too tight and would freeze up if it got hot.