Main Menu

First Post

Started by FreddyP, February 25, 2015, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreddyP

Hello to Alan and all.  I have been enjoying your site for a little over a year from Florida without posting.  You guys are a great resource for the rest of us.  My reels thank you for all the help. 

I now have an issue that seemed worthy of posting.  I somehow managed to snap a lever shaft body (part #350) in half on a relatively new TLD50II LRSA.  Has anyone experienced this problem before?  Any recommendations?

When I opened the reel up for the first time, it had 8 belleville washers in a "(())(())" order -- which does not match the 6 shown on the schematic in a "()(())" order.  Shimano calls these the pre load spring (part #40).  Is there a way to adjust these to increase drag range (although I do recognize that may not be necessary or advisable given I already broke one drag part in a few months of fishing).  Was this reel supposed to have 8 bellevilles or was this an error that may have caused or contributed to the broken part?

Many thanks.  Alan I will pm you to order a new lever shaft body.  FP

alantani

welcome!  for single parts like this, call shimano at 877-577-0600.  usually they will send out parts like this for free.  for the bellevilles, not sure.  it's been a long time since i've opened one of these up!  i would think it would have been the cause, though. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Welcome freddyP. Good luck with that TLD.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi. 

Tinker with the Bellville configuration and see if you can get what you need.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Welcome aboard, Freddy --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

FreddyP

Thanks Alan. Shimano is sending the part (at a small charge but I sm fine with that).  I am going to try ((((()) and see how it works on bellevilles.  Best to all. F

alantani

let us know how it works out!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on February 25, 2015, 02:54:16 PM
Hi. 

Tinker with the Bellville configuration and see if you can get what you need.
Wasn't Tinker Bell a Disney character?  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!