Wanted : ORIGINAL SCAMPIS

Started by Pldouglas, March 02, 2015, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Dom, I checked out the Salty dog link and thought 'that looks familiar'.  Walked out to the garage and found three of those baits in a can of lead one of my customers made.

Unfortunately they're rejects sort of. Whomever poured them did it wrong and the tail end  didn't form completely.  Anyway, all we need to do is buy the mold and wire inserts and we're in business. I would think $60 investment.  I pour all my own jig heads and salmon balls, and those would be pretty easy I would think.  Paint them how ya like. (or don't, rockfish will probably hit 'em anyway).  

UPDATE:  $48.00 plus tax for mold for 4 0z. mold & wire inserts. Add $48.00 if you want an additional mold for 6 oz and wire inserts.   Or buy one or the other.  Add shipping.  So I was close with my guess.

You would have a lifetime supply pretty quick, lol.  I never used all the 3 and 4 ounce jig heads I poured for rockfish.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Here's the other Salty Dog's tutorial for soft baits.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7020.0 Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.