Love the smell of powder coating in the morning

Started by Marcq, March 09, 2015, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otghoyt

Oooh, ooh.  Me need some!  I was cruisin the net and found plastic powder coat that you can use on the end plates.  Here they are... .

http://www.wrightcoating.com/specialty-coatings/processes/classickote

I actually have some rings, free spool lever and a crank getting rainbow chromed over in Phoenix.  Crazy gas on water looking chrome for 60 bucks.  I also want to de-anodize (simple green 2 days) some Newell SP-6 bars and buff 'em out to look like the new satin stainless pieces out there.

I dig the orange screws.  Maybe some orange finger nail polish in the Tiburon etching on front for a little color balance.  A rag with acetone fixes sloppage.

I like and use a many of those 3 hole Penn cranks.  Did you remove the handle from the crank or did you cook it when you fired the paint?  If you removed it..how did you do it and get it back on?

fIsHsTiiCkS

Marc. I have some stuff need you to power coat for me  ;D

Marcq

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on April 20, 2015, 01:45:29 AM
Marc. I have some stuff need you to power coat for me  ;D

Well!! You have the choice, white, red, mat black and yellow  8)

Marc.. :)

Marcq

Quote from: WOTHoyt on April 20, 2015, 12:08:09 AM

I like and use a many of those 3 hole Penn cranks.  Did you remove the handle from the crank or did you cook it when you fired the paint?  If you removed it..how did you do it and get it back on?

That's an Alan T SS crank arm, the knob from a Squall and hardware from another power handle

Marc..

fIsHsTiiCkS

Dont tempt me Marc. I have a few things I would love to get done in the matte black

Marcq

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on April 20, 2015, 04:33:59 AM
Dont tempt me Marc. I have a few things I would love to get done in the matte black

What kind of parts?

Marc..

Rancanfish

I've done powder coated jig heads by the hot dip method.  I had to hang them up without the color part touching anything.  So....

How do you electrostatically charge a small screw or other small part?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Marcq

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 20, 2015, 08:42:04 PM
How do you electrostatically charge a small screw or other small part?

For screws I use a metal strip with holes in it that's the same  length of the tray that comes with the toaster oven, for small parts with at least a hole I use a metal hook

Marc..

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.