Partial Collection and Dancing with the BIG GIRLS!!!!

Started by STRIPER LOU, March 09, 2015, 04:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Wow Lou, that's some amazing fish and gear. Thanks for sharing!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

This Mike also likes what your making for Fluke but the Flies on top are better suited for Moriches Bay. The middle left & the bottom left on 3/0 Gama hooks would Kill the Fluke. They look like Spearing in the water.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

STRIPER LOU

Hey, thanks for all the replies so far. I have to admit that this without a doubt is one of the best forums. All the people are great and there's such a tremendous amount of knowledge.

Mike, I did tie some of the bucktails up on 3/0 and 4/0 gammys  but I ran out of hooks near the end of the season and couldn't come up with anymore from a couple different wholesalers!
Really cant afford to use hooks bought at retail cause there's pennies to be made on them.  Really though, I do them cause I enjoy it. Takes a while to make them and if I can make 50 cent a hour it goes into Lou's tackle fund!!!!!

If there's something you would like to see tied please let me know. Right now its a bit hectic as I have a load of plug orders to fill. A club group has been placing orders every year  for the last several, and I build every one by myself.  Beats the heck out of working in the shop!!!!!
regards to all,  ..  Lou

bluefish69

Lou

I'm in no real hurry. Fluke don't hit L.I. till early - mid May. I'm on here daily & if you click my name my email comes up.

I know what you mean about a little profit. For a few years I was & still am making Tube Tails to go on Jigs. I use Limerick hooks that don't bend & Bead Chain. They really spin. I worked Galley on 2 boats in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn until 2 years ago.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Thanks for the Ride Lou. I hope you get bored again and show us more. ;)
Good Stuff Buddy. ;D
Daron
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Very Nice Lou!  If you do end up putting together more of those Fluke/Flounder/Sea Bass rigs put me down for a few as well.  Thanks for sharing!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...