dpx2-600-w an orphan ?

Started by bill19803, December 11, 2016, 01:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

I have a like new    dpx2-600w   that i bought    for    stripers    bluefish and  tilefish.  Just   got a  propaganda   email  from accurate   showing all their   products  and  lo  and behold   no   dpx2   anywhere.  Did  they   discontinue  this    line  of reels      and if they  did    does anyone have a good feel   for   why?  Im  a bit  worried i have  an  orphan  that will become   non supported by factory  and  parts   will become made from  unobtainium. would  hate to  part  company  with  it  it light,  seems  strong  and has  line capacity   to  do  what i need  it to  do   but if its to become  a  shelfie due to no  support  then  its gotta  go  while  it has  some  value.
Thoughts,  opinions and facts  are   solicited   from  everyone
thanks

MarkT

I think it's been discontinued. But man, that's some heavy artillery for stripers and bluefish!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

bill19803

i  subscribe to the theory  that  some is good  more is better and too much is  just  right.  But   for deep   dropping   for  tile   or  bottom   fishing  at   clarion  that  line capacity  is  sorta needed.  It  hold  about 500  yds  of   65   solid  plus  short topper  and has   room    left on  spool.  does   tilefish  great   and   did   a large   amberjack (i think)   at  clarion

Gfish

Discontinued!?, Uh oh. Gotta Dpx2 reg. 600. Good strong reel for it's size n' weight, great machining n' tolerances and the best performing drag(based on backyard tests) a all my reels.

Does anyone know about parts stock when it comes to Accurate and discontinued products?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

day0ne

The dpx2 series wasn't around for very long before it was replaced by the Dauntless, the DX2. I cant think of any parts that are unique to the dpx2 series, except maybe the extra dog and possibly the side plate, so parts shouldn't be a problem. I have both the DPX2 and the DX2 reels and I'm not worried. I would talk to Accurate
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Gfish

Thanks, David. Appreciate it. I know the downloadable schematic for this reel is the "BX2" one, so it can't be that unique.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

bill19803

i  sent email to accurate  yesterday  asking  if they  are going to support  dpx2-600-w  no response as  of yet  if i get one ill  foreward it  for all  to  read. there  is  no  schematic  for the  W  version  shown on their web  site. good to know  not  many differences  in  that  and some other  models   cause i  dont need another 500  buck  shelfie.  i  fish my reels  from   80 w  to  665n

alantani

there are many accurate orphans out there.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bill19803

yep  there are a lot of  accurate  orphans  and unfortunately  it looks like i own  3 of  them    dpx2-600w, b2-665, and    b &R 665. with all  the hoopla   spread  by accurate i  figured the  dawg pound  would be   supported  for a while.  oh well  stuff happens. aint  gonna  be  any  more  orphans on the  shelf though.  after  playing  with the tanked  green monster  that sal built  for sweetheart   im  convinced anything new on the  shelf  will  be of that  variety. at least i know where to  get parts

day0ne

I have DPX2's, DX2's, B2's, B's BX's and BX2's and have never had a problem with Accurate servicing them and I've had a lot of parts replaced. One thing I like about Accurate is you can mix and match the pieces from different series of reels. They all have basically the same parts. The only thing I know for sure you can't get is the ARB from the original Boss, but you can put a later model side plate on it to fix that problem. I understand some of the large parts such as frame, side plates, etc are hard to get for some models. That's why I now limit my purchases to BX and above.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

bill19803

its been   10  days since i  sent  email to  accurate   no response at all