squidder clicker ring good or no good

Started by bestout, May 09, 2015, 10:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestout

so a shark made this i dont know if its good or no cause i cant engage the clicker no more http://imgur.com/JLzCe8e
The monsters in my head are scared......

RTT

Hello

My ring was also damaged and I bent it back to shape.  If this does not work then it is time for a new one.

Ray

foakes

That looks like dark maroon, Ray?

I will see if I have a sideplate to donate to the cause.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bestout

Also Fred is it easy to remove the click tongue? i sent you the picture of it do you think i should replace it or still good strong?
The monsters in my head are scared......

foakes

Hi Ray --

Penn offers 2 options -- a click button and a new click tongue, like the one you have.

No big deal -- you drill out the old one -- then install the new one by peening it over with a small hammer.  It is soft metal.

The other option is the same system, except it has a "C" clip to hold the tongue in place.

And then there are a few other methods -- but they are not as neat as these two.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RTT

Fred

Thank you.

For now bending it back to shape is working.  If you have a side that would be great.

Ray