Another fish story!

Started by gstours, April 02, 2015, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Last weekend I was invited to fish for king salmon with an old friend.  The weather was nice for trolling, and so we started.

after a while my buddy got a "bite" as the fish tore about a hundred yards of line off in about 10 seconds or so,  we got him in and it was a nice fat one.

as you can see we start out good, 

So we go back to trolling, after a few hours I get another Hot King on.  this thing ran hard and i was worried about running out of line at one point, but he stopped and we turned the boat twards the fish and worked him in to one side of the boat then to the other side of the boat, then he ran under the boat and we couldn't get him to move as the breeze was pushing the boat over the fish more and more, then it was over.  the leader parted so I was disappointed as it was a big fish and threw its weight around.
  So we go back to trolling and in an hour another line burner of a fish hit,  he ran hard but when he stopped and turned around the hooks came loose.  Another disappointment.   But I,m goin back soon to even the score so to speak,  Maybe I,ll get lucky?   Just another fish story.

Alto Mare

Nice one Gary.The hook pulled out from all of that extra horsepower you've been adding to your equipment  ;D.
It's ok to lose one or two at times. If fishing was easy, we would lose interest ;)
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Great fish story.  Next time put the gear in the photos or let us know what you were using.  It sounds like they grow tough salmon in Alaska.  Pretty country also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mike1010

Nice pics, nice fish, good story.  Thanks for sharing.

Keta

The feeder kings are larger up where you are than they were in the KTN area, nice fish.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

harryk3616

very nice  gary,    when do you go to kick butt on the halibut?

LTM

Nice Gary,

Im always interested in what gear/mods you use on your trips (even down to line test, lure/bait).

Keep it up Gary,

Leo

Shark Hunter

Keepem' Coming Gary! I would love to be eating one of those fresh Kings! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 03, 2015, 04:37:19 AM
Keepem' Coming Gary! I would love to be eating one of those fresh Kings! ;)
You know your stuff Daron.  There is nothing better eating than a salmon cooked and eaten on the same day it is caught.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.