Wild Hog Ragu- Molto bene

Started by Marc Fong, February 03, 2015, 11:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Fong

Classic wild boar meat sauce. Mirepoix, red wine, garlic. Reggiano parmigiana. Organic spaghetti.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Double Drool! I love me some Pig! :P
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Man, that looks really delicious.
Been a long time since I've had some wild pig.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

conchydong

For many recipes, I like wild hog but for slow roasting a whole pig, I prefer a fat farm raised pig. I do it Cuban style, butterflied with  the body cavity marinated with salt, garlic , sour orange juice  and some lemon grass (Filipino influence). The skin (crispy) is the crowd favorite. The wild hogs in Florida or probably most locales do not have enough fat content for slow roasting to my taste. Cooking a whole pig is a all day party and reserved for special times. Having said that, I will be doing the last of my wild hog ribs this week. Probably in a Filipino sour soup (Sinigang baboy).

Reel 224

Quote from: conchydong on April 12, 2015, 12:30:34 AM
For many recipes, I like wild hog but for slow roasting a whole pig, I prefer a fat farm raised pig. I do it Cuban style, butterflied with  the body cavity marinated with salt, garlic , sour orange juice  and some lemon grass (Filipino influence). The skin (crispy) is the crowd favorite. The wild hogs in Florida or probably most locales do not have enough fat content for slow roasting to my taste. Cooking a whole pig is a all day party and reserved for special times. Having said that, I will be doing the last of my wild hog ribs this week. Probably in a Filipino sour soup (Sinigang baboy).

Man oh man that is the best tasting way to cook a PIG!!! My Daughter in Law is Cuban and we have done the Pig that way before...Hands down the best. ;D

That pasta dish looks like a azz kicker too.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."