Bacon + Venison =

Started by ChileRelleno, May 01, 2015, 05:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Bacon + Venison = Lunch!

Venison backstrap medallions, salt & cajun spice, wrap in bacon.
Very hot skillet of olive oil, cook till bacon is crisp.
All my venison came out medium or just a tad under medium.
Some fresh Jalapenos from the garden cooked in the grease for some added zing.

Not exactly heart healthy, but so dagblasted good, I can indulge once in awhile.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Alright!
You had Bacon and Venison for lunch and loaded potatoes and eggs for Dinner. Are you starving?
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Now that's what I'm talkin bout, yes indeed my friend. You got my mouth watering. That is the best piece of meat there is!!
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 02, 2015, 04:43:00 AM
Alright!
You had Bacon and Venison for lunch and loaded potatoes and eggs for Dinner. Are you starving?

Well...  The papas con huevos was an early dinner last night, and the bacon/venison was actually a late brunch (no breakfast that morning).  
So yeah, my stomach thought my throat had been cut and was pretty upset about it.  :o
And even though my wife insisted I share with her, I still have five pieces left for today's breakfast... Mmmmm, protein to start the day. ::)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

fIsHsTiiCkS

Thats it, youre hired as my chef for my next long range trip!