Started by Reel 224, April 16, 2015, 04:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

One more.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Only one picture at a time with the iPad

I found one with extra parts and a working half bail that will gift either reel. You rotate the bail open and it will close by itself when you reel.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Reel 224

Quote from: handi2 on April 24, 2015, 08:59:55 PM
Only one picture at a time with the iPad

I found one with extra parts and a working half bail that will gift either reel. You rotate the bail open and it will close by itself when you reel.

Keith: I am definitely interested in that half bail on that last reel that is missing the spool. The drag setup you have made is great, I can't wait to get things going. The Strippers are starting there move down from the Chesapeake.

You definitely have a collection of RU Mur's   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

handi2

I am sending the drag washers and those 2 reels shown. I will get them out Monday. Just show us some fish pictures..!
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rivverrat

These are some pretty neat looking old reels

Reel 224

Quote from: handi2 on April 25, 2015, 10:32:46 PM
I am sending the drag washers and those 2 reels shown. I will get them out Monday. Just show us some fish pictures..!

That's my plan, I have completed the rehab of the original rod that that reel was on, new Fugi eyes and refinished the cork grips. The rest is just enjoy the equipment and try to catch some fish. ---------------<*{{{{><     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

This is the update of the RU MER reel that I have completely Restored with the help of Keith who sent me the two parts reels and new drag washers. I will be testing it Friday or this weekend. It now has a new bail, crank knob, Drag washers, and drag adjusting nut. I added and extra drag washer under the brass washer on top of the spool, so there are two drag washers giving me more drag, it's made it much smoother.

Picture 1 is before restoration showing old Bail
#2 still original bail
#3 New bail & Drag washer
#4 New drag washer under brass washer

Reel 224

A few more pictures of the upgraded RU MER.