Two piece custom 114H

Started by Alto Mare, April 18, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Sal it sure is a beauty.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marcq

Maxed Out

Beautiful reel Sal, and surely one of a kind.

Did I forget to mention that I'm up for adoption ?? :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Max Doubt on June 05, 2015, 06:09:22 AM
   Beautiful reel Sal, and surely one of a kind.

Did I forget to mention that I'm up for adoption ?? :D
:D..not a problem Ted, as long as your toys come with you ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tunacious

That is one nice lookin' 114! General Patton would be proud of that tank! :o

Congrats!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!
Besides the small adjustment here and there, the two piece frame went together better than any custom frames I've ever worked on, even better than Accurate. The kit is machined to perfection and bring me to this question:
Tom, did you have anything to do with this frame?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

Nope, I didn't Sal. Beautiful work!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

Sal, Amazing job as usual.  I was wondering if Bryan or Aaron know who manufactured these frames or anyone else?
Also, do you think your gold one of a kind was difficult to put together because it was possibly a prototype to the black ones Bryan mentioned? Meaning the tolerances weren't worked out just yet?
I think it's really cool how well you showcase all of our members talent in your reels.  That makes them even more special.
Beauty of a reel and job well done.
Dom

Alto Mare

Thanks Dom!
It is normal having to do minor adjustment, when putting together a reel with custom parts made from different sources.
I didn't want to knock Tiburon or Accurate, they been putting out some quality product. On this particular frame, I haven't noticed any misalignment anywhere, I check them really close. Not that it would matter, I just wanted to mention that I was impressed with the machining, reminded me of Tom's custom reel ;D.
One thing I wasn't crazy about, the way the bolts hold the seat. I will change those when I get a chance, i'm thinking something as these in ss:  http://images2.mcmaster.com/mva/Contents/gfx/large/92670a826p1-b01l.png?ver=1395224586

Sal

anglingarchitect

Isn't somebody working on a two piece 113h frame with integral left side plate and and machined right side plate?  I got on the list for one should be a similar reel to this just smaller.

steelfish

never saw this thread before, dang. this place is full with a lot ot hidden treasures to read and admire all over.

terrific reel.. congrats Sal
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

Quote from: anglingarchitect on May 09, 2016, 07:34:06 PM
Isn't somebody working on a two piece 113h frame with integral left side plate and and machined right side plate?  I got on the list for one should be a similar reel to this just smaller.
Not that I know of, but I've been thinking about it for Newells because I may need to make a frame as well to match the side plate design.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

anglingarchitect

Isn't Alan C working on a two piece frame like this for the 113h, penn?