DOA: Shimano 10000FG Sustain

Started by randyb, April 23, 2015, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyb

Hello Experts,
I just returned from the reel repair shop (yeah I know this is a DIY forum!  ;D however I have Neuropathy from Chemo and limited dexterity :'( ) so I'm asking for help to rebuild a Sustain 10000FG.  The reputable dealer (Lott Bros in Lake Park, FL) told me the gears and bearings were toast after he disassembled the reel.  My ask is if anyone has the know-how and parts to rebuild or interested in purchasing the carcass -- spool, handle, frame, bail mainshaft, rotor all good.  Unfortunately when I got sick my boat and tackle became neglected and as most of you know, and to quote my oldest son "so, let me understand what you're doing; you take a diesel engine boat, precision fishing gear, and high tech electronics and dunk them in battery acid (AKA saltwater)?"  I'm unable to answer his comment.

Notwithstanding, I'm asking for an expert repair of a bag of parts or a decent offer for the remains.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

-randyb

Slazmo

Hey randyb,

I could do it for you however I am located on the other side of the great Pacific pond. Have had a lot of dealings with Sustains, Biomasters, Stradic's and Stella's.

Can you post up as clear pictures of the main drive gear and pinion and other parts that said servicing agent said were toast?

The gears depending on the level of corrosion can be relived, and too the bearings depending on how long they've sat?

I look forward to pictures.

Best,

Andrew