Set of splicing needles

Started by BMITCH, February 08, 2015, 08:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Finally have to learn how to do this. Got the needles.

Now I'm needing some suggestions on a bobbin and thread?I did see a a bobbin for about $60 but thought to check here first. Any suggestions.
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

I use small and inexpensive net needles.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

I have the same Daho set.  I wish it came with 1 latger sized holow needle, but otherwise a goid set, and the dvd is good too (though all these videos are available on YouTube). 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Single needles can be bought, I can get them from Jerry and will pass on the price.  What is the "larger size", I might have one.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

I could use the 1.7 mm & a 2.31 mm holow needles.  However, I have been getting by without them by just rounding off the tip of the larger diameter mono.  So I guess I don't really need them.
Hope springs eternal

Keta

K, they are not cheep even at wholesale.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

What I'm actually looking for is the bobbin that holds the thread for the served connection on the hollow core. Eventually in some applications I'm gonna go l2l for my jigging setups

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Keta

I was going to pull some out of one of my kits.  I don't use 100# as often as I have in the past, 50# and 30# are 70% of what I build.

Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

It kind of depends on what "cheap" is to a person but for around $15-$16 retail you can buy DaHo single needle

Keta

We get by on just short of $23,000 a year, even the $11.00 I pay for them is a lot, I make enough topshots to make up for it.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

Lee, are you using the net needles as the bobbin to hold the thread while you serve the connection. If so do happen to have a picture of it holding the thread.

Keta

Quote from: BMITCH on February 09, 2015, 11:21:03 AM
Lee, are you using the net needles as the bobbin to hold the thread while you serve the connection. If so do happen to have a picture of it holding the thread.

Not right now but when I get back I will take one, should be Thursday. 

Mark Twain

willybendit

the beiter Profi  bow string winder is the best there is   ive used all sorts over the last 3 years  not cheep but  the BEST