What's your all time favorite reel ?

Started by Phinaddict, December 09, 2010, 06:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Only one 501 CS in silver, which inspired me to buy the 6 series. Sea Bass from the beach to San Clemente Island. Yellowtail the same down to Bahia De Los Angeles. Not to mention how many calicos at Catalina to catch one Sea Bass. Great reel even better times.

sandbar

jtwill98

With out any doubt, my All-time favorite reel is the one in my hand with a fish on the end of the line. 

sciaenops

I'll give my Top 5:

ProGear 280 Albacore Special
Saltiga 30T
Trinidad TN20
Quick Microlite
Okuma Makaira 20ii

whalebreath

Brewcrafter

Legitimate question.  One that I get all the time in my field of work.  And when somebody asks me what my favorite beer is my answer is always 'it depends" (where am I?  What am I having for food or snacks alongside?  What is the weather like? etc, etc.)  And this question about reels is the same loaded question.  I have a garage full of equipment for a reason, and have MANY favorites depending on what is on the agenda that day. Not taking my beloved 4200SS down to Huntington Beach for barred surf perch.  Not taking my beloved Penn VISX20 up to Big Bear to troll for stocker trout (only Benni has the cajones to do that).  I work really hard to convince SWMBO that every piece of equipment in my shop has a purpose, time, and place - and that they are all "favorites" - and in todays world of the internet I'm not gonna burn myself down by picking "ONE favorite".   :d - john

Shootr2003

Quote from: Brewcrafter on May 18, 2023, 06:04:08 AMLegitimate question.  One that I get all the time in my field of work.  And when somebody asks me what my favorite beer is my answer is always 'it depends" (where am I?  What am I having for food or snacks alongside?  What is the weather like? etc, etc.)  And this question about reels is the same loaded question.  I have a garage full of equipment for a reason, and have MANY favorites depending on what is on the agenda that day. Not taking my beloved 4200SS down to Huntington Beach for barred surf perch.  Not taking my beloved Penn VISX20 up to Big Bear to troll for stocker trout (only Benni has the cajones to do that).  I work really hard to convince SWMBO that every piece of equipment in my shop has a purpose, time, and place - and that they are all "favorites" - and in todays world of the internet I'm not gonna burn myself down by picking "ONE favorite".  :d - john
I truly like and agree with your post,some of mine I bought for a feeling,the way they looked,a time they recalled or represent ,I have however,two groups of reels representing 2 brands and two styles and places to fish ,my Conventional Penns represent mostly salt water though the smaller ones are handy for freshwater cats and stripers,the other group is my  vintage Mitchell's which are basically freshwater reels and what I mostly use and my newest are Pflueger spinners(2) and low profile baitcasters (2)my most recent foray and with which I'm still not master of but good enough to be using more often then clearing nests.I don't need all this stuff but I enjoy it!
If a man sails the seas, with no woman around, is he still wrong?

Crab Pot

Quote from: jtwill98 on May 17, 2023, 12:49:23 AMWith out any doubt, my All-time favorite reel is the one in my hand with a fish on the end of the line. 

That's my favorite too JTWill98!
Buy it nice or buy it twice.