Frankenstein!

Started by otghoyt, April 21, 2015, 01:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: WOTHoyt on April 22, 2015, 04:37:11 AMAre those dogs on the SS bridge your work? 

No but I'm working on alternating contact dogs for Alan's SS double dog bridges.

I'll give you a hint on one of the reasons I prefer narrow reels, Spectra.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

otghoyt

Now see how you are?  You it made so easy even I can figure out what the "N" means.  Personally, I have more of the narrow version of any given reel than the wider version 2 to 1.  

I definitely prefer my dogs to drop in alternating sequence.  I believe it is easier on all things that receive the shock from a gear sleeve ratchet slamming back into the dogs especially drags and line.  I am really interested in knowing the outcome of your endeavor to make this happen.  

So who do I need to call to get the list of items I requested to DD my 506s?  Or would you suggest I stay tuned for the alternating version?

HO

Keta

They will be an "after market" item but are on the back burner until I get caught up on getting the irrigation system running.

I have a bunch of SS 15-500 AR dogs and can make the others if I know what you need.  I'm low on the 14-500 AR dog springs.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

swill88

I too am assembling the parts for a 506 hot rod and am interested in ss dbl dogs.

Can you share what you've learned on posts for the spring and dog?

Thanks, btw, for your posts.

Keta

I just have dogs but I can add springs to my next order from Scott's.

Mark Twain

otghoyt

Keta;  I'll PM you about business from from this point forward. 

Swill88, Hang in there man!  It seems there is hope for both of us.  I will keep you tuned in as I proceed.  Of course, If Keta has the dogs we need then by all means get yourself some.  I am willing to meet you on the PM side and get this job done.  I will share the knowledge that others have shared with me.  Maybe I'll go into business, package this item and sell it.  Wahoo, Here I come boys.......

See ya,